Security Installer Community

Guardall Rascal Super Help

Guest robwood

Guest robwood

Hi,

I have recently moved into a house with a guardall rascal super alarm fitted, i have the code for it. The problem is that one of the sensors is permently lit up with a red light, this doesnt let me set the alarm. I assume its a fault with that sensor so want to change or disable that sensor. Therefore i have some questions!:

1) can i turn off/disbale the alarm to work on it as currently the tamper function is activated when i play with the sensor,

2) can anybody give me instructions to set the alarm without the faulty sensor?

3) is there an engineering code that i need to get off the previous occupiers?

Thanks in advance

Rob.

Guest robwood

i have the user manual, it tells me how to part set the alarm code, *, 0. but it doesnt say how to program this mode so i can only set working sensors.

Hi,

I have recently moved into a house with a guardall rascal super alarm fitted, i have the code for it. The problem is that one of the sensors is permently lit up with a red light, this doesnt let me set the alarm. I assume its a fault with that sensor so want to change or disable that sensor. Therefore i have some questions!:

1) can i turn off/disbale the alarm to work on it as currently the tamper function is activated when i play with the sensor,

2) can anybody give me instructions to set the alarm without the faulty sensor?

3) is there an engineering code that i need to get off the previous occupiers?

Thanks in advance

Rob.

I wonder if this P.I.R is of the latching variety???????...most probably it is faulty..but just an idea...you have'nt got a button on the underside of your panel have you?????? :rolleyes:

If so give it a push!!!

Guest robwood

Peter: that didnt work after pressing the zone i wanted to omit i got an error tone. Also the light of the det is permanently on, the light on the panel only comes on once i try to set the alarm.

mjw: I cant see a button on the outside of the panel, do you mean a button inside the panel as it has two screws on the front which i havent undone yet for fear of setting the tamper alarm off and annoying neighbours further!

Peter: that didnt work after pressing the zone i wanted to omit i got an error tone. Also the light of the det is permanently on, the light on the panel only comes on once i try to set the alarm.

mjw: I cant see a button on the outside of the panel, do you mean a button inside the panel as it has two screws on the front which i havent undone yet for fear of setting the tamper alarm off and annoying neighbours further!

Well if you was going to fit a reset button it would be on or around the panel(on the outside...becareful if you are going to take front cover off the panel as you will expose live parts)...it could be a faulty device :rolleyes:

Archived