Security Installer Community

Ade Optima Compact Alarm

Guest jasonb007

Guest jasonb007

I have moved into a house with an ADE Optima Compact Alarm control panel. The previous occupiers do not know the code. I have tried various options like restting using the setup info from an Optima Compact G3 manual but nothing seems to work. My alarm box has 6 zones and SQUARE buttons. Does anyone know how I can reset this box. I think the engineer code of ---- still works but following the info in the G3 manual to change the code doesn't.

When I press PROG, ALL the LEDS come on, then pressing ---- the Day (green LED), Attack & Power LEDS (RED) light up. However, when I follow the info to change the code in the G3 manual I entered PROG ---- 81 xxxx (where xxxx is the code I want) but after entering the third digit in the xxxx code, the alarm beeps a couple of time.

Any ideas. I have attached a (rubbish) picture of the control panel.

Engineer code edited out by moderator

post-10821-1166189617_thumb.jpg

Guest CHRISATBSS

THE PANEL YOU HAVE IS NOT A OPTIMA (G3) JUST A OPTIMA COMPACT G3 IS THE NEWER VERSION .

IF YOU HAVE THE ENGINEER CODE THEN PUT THIS IN THEN PRESS BUTTON 8 THEN NEW CODE A SERIES OF BEEPS WILL BE HEARD TO CONFIRM ACCEPTENCE PRESS RESET UNTILL ALL LIGHTS ARE OUT EXCEPT DAY AND POWER LIGHT.JUST READ YOUR PROB AGAIN AND REALISED YOU ARE PUTTING IN A 1 IN AFTER THE 8 YOU DONT NEED THIS BY PUTTING THIS IN YOU ARE MAKING YOUR CODE START WITH A 1 AND REMOVIG THE LAST DIGIT FROM THE CODE YOU WANTED EG 2345 WILL BECOME 1234 IF THAT MAKES SENCE

IN SHORT

PROG

ENGINER CODE

NEW CODE

BEEPS

RESET

RESET

NOW TRY THE NEW CODE

CHRIS FROM AXIS FIRE & SECURITY

Hi you are so near...Press prog ----, 8, new code(forget the 1) system beeps after the 4th digit to confirm new code. ( you always entered 1 as your 1st digit) :whistle:

and again. Come on guys. Stick to the rules

Guest jasonb007

Hey Guys, thanks for the info. I have managed to enter a new code and am SO grateful for your prompt replies and assistance - now all I need is a User Guide so I know how to operate the system !! I guess a search on Google may uncover one somewhere, although I still don't know the name of the alarm (apart from it's not a G3)

Thanks again. :)

Hey Guys, thanks for the info. I have managed to enter a new code and am SO grateful for your prompt replies and assistance - now all I need is a User Guide so I know how to operate the system !! I guess a search on Google may uncover one somewhere, although I still don't know the name of the alarm (apart from it's not a G3)

Thanks again. :)

Try this http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/Data...NTA6_8_User.pdf

• 2 months later...

I too Have this alarm and after a fuse blew recently the alarm went haywire..I have managed to get my user code code back after following the above instructions ..However since then my entry and exit times have gone all to pot.. when setting alarm to leave timer seems to go on forever..Also when coming downstairs and passing the pir the timer starts but as soon as I walk into the living room (zone 2) the alarm sounds!!..Anyone got the full user manual for this alarm or instructions on how to sort out my problem..Much obliged

Paul

I have moved into a house with an ADE Optima Compact Alarm control panel. The previous occupiers do not know the code.

And they had really a really bad taste in wall paper :P

Big Jig.

Trade Member

Quality Manager

Direct Security Systems (Midlands) Limited

NSI Gold.

Good engineers always ask questions!!

Archived