Security Installer Community

Texecom Wire Free

binthere

Any views please on using the wire free PIR's with the Texecom Premier 24 panels, reliability, range, battery life etc.

Thankyou

Especially RJB Security very helpful and We think your web site is Excellent well done!

{Takes a bow!}

Sorry but I don't use the Texecom range of panels.

For wireless my preference is for Galaxy G2 with the RF RIO(s) and the Domonial range of detectors (3-5 year battery life). The G2 accepts 2 x RF RIO's which means that a greater coverage can be achieved than with panels that have an onboard receiver or just one receiver option.

I am looking to get more information on the new Domonial wireless panel as I understand that the detectors have an even greater range and it will fill a particular niche in the market.

I have in the past used FM Electronics and their kit I would consider to be extremely reliable but their panel is a bit unsightly and the battery life of 1 year (or less sometimes) can be a nuisance.

I have used their Wireless Interface with wired panels, particularly Menvier, and it works well for a wireless add-on.

I understand that Menvier are bringing out an RF Node for their "M" Range within a month or so and that would be great for me as long as the detectors have a good battery life and range.

We use the Premier range and wireless.

I used to use Menvier/Scanny before ... and the Texecom stuff is way better. Great on transition even through granite walls. Very stable in operation and the receiver has a built in signal strength meter.

The receiver must be within 1 metre of the panel, but they are bringing out a network receiver any time now which can be fitted anywhere on the system on a 4 core cable.

There was a software problem on 1 version of the Premier 24 (Version 7.5 I think) but other than that, they are excellent.

Paul

Thankyou most helpful

Binthere

I used to use Menvier/Scanny before ... and the Texecom stuff is way better. Great on transition even through granite walls. Very stable in operation and the receiver has a built in signal strength meter.

The receiver must be within 1 metre of the panel, but they are bringing out a network receiver any time now which can be fitted anywhere on the system on a 4 core cable.

Paul

Just to confirm - the Network Receiver is now in full production so you should be able to pick them up now (assuming they haven't all been sold...). As Paul mentions, the main advantage is that it can be put anywhere on the network; in fact you can put several on the network effectively increasing the wireless coverage range.

Thanks

Mark

Archived