Security Installer Community

Galaxy G3 - Invalid Code

Deltaseven

I have a site with a G3 panel, 1 Max3 and one Keypad. Site disarm site by Fob at front door. Then they proceed to safe, which they disarm by code at the keypad.

When they enter the code, occasionally it comes up with "Invalid Code" but then disarms the group. The log makes no reference to the invalid code, just the disarm of Group 2. I have tried changing the code, and new code on different user number. Its only a level 2.3 code - I havent tried it as a master (don't want to assign manager status to the person who opens up).

Any suggestions?

I have a site with a G3 panel, 1 Max3 and one Keypad. Site disarm site by Fob at front door. Then they proceed to safe, which they disarm by code at the keypad.

When they enter the code, occasionally it comes up with "Invalid Code" but then disarms the group. The log makes no reference to the invalid code, just the disarm of Group 2. I have tried changing the code, and new code on different user number. Its only a level 2.3 code - I havent tried it as a master (don't want to assign manager status to the person who opens up).

Any suggestions?

Have you fitted a resistor across the A and B line...could be picking up some intermittant noise from some where?????

There are loads of bugs cropping up on the Gal at the moment. My contact at Initial says he had to order in excess of 10 Max readers to get 6 that worked.

Also had a batch of C144C's which wouldn't see keypads.

Dave

its nowt to do with the resistors, id be interested in the log. I would expect the keypad is assigned to multiple groups and is doing something before they start the second act, the first group isnt assigned to the code used. Does it only happen on certain codes. Your log will tell you though mate

The site staff all use the same code to set/unset the safe (area 2) and the fault comes up three or four times a week. I am due back on Friday, so will look into it a it more thn.

Ta for all advice so far!

The site staff all use the same code to set/unset the safe (area 2) and the fault comes up three or four times a week. I am due back on Friday, so will look into it a it more thn.

Ta for all advice so far!

id check the parameter 'keypad access' try temp access always..never had a system yet where you unset one group with a fob then the other with a code,you could try seperate fobs for each group which is what honeywell recomend not practicle in real life i know,but thats the route id go..it sounds to me coz theres no entry for g2 thats why your getting invalid code..tho i think it should say ill code in the log,like the old gals did.. :hmm:

Archived