Security Installer Community

1977 And So On.....

motco

Good Day All,

I have just happened into this forum while doing a bit of research. There seem to be quite a lot of people on here who have been in the business a long time. There's a thread on the subject of Lander Alarms which awakened a few memories. I was involved with the parent company of ATH (Associated Trust Holdings Ltd) which was a distributor of alarm equipment between 1977 (its foundation year) and 1989 when it was bought by Gardiner Group. My company was a sister firm in the Bridgend Group and we made external microwave Doppler detectors called Vector Microwave and Radarlux. There might be a couple of people still around who remember those devices. Indeed there are still some up and running!

Some names to remember from the past: Sestech, Bon Automation, Modern Automatic Alarms, Rely-a-Bell, Britannia, Centurion, Mumford & White, Citadel, Frowds, Solfan, First Inertia, and many others that I cannot call to mind now. :hmm:

ATH ... a blast from the past, had a branch in Bristol, trying to remember the name of the manager who went on to advertise himself as a self-styled "Security Guru" .. Pete what's-is-name!

The man I knew in Bristol wasn't a Pete but there's a Pete in another distributor in that city. Here

The other manager at Bristol, later in the life of the company, was a delightful blonde lady called Cindy. Oh how I wish I knew where she was now.... :P

Nah, Robert, Helen, Neil, Allison, Gary etc at Enterprise - ex GSL.

Definitely was a Pete at ATH, did some work with Radionics later on and last I heard of him he setup in business in Bristol doing alarms with response by local taxis or something like that ... lasted a few months!

I wonder if that was after Bridgend sold ATH to GG. The name carried on a while after and I was elsewhere by then. Prior to the sale there was an area manager called Perrin but he didn't get into installing, he went to another distributor. Of course, it was an awfully loooong time ago. f035.gif I don't remeber things like I used to..... :rolleyes:

Nice car though, I plan to build one myself one day fing32.gif

Ah yes, the avatar car - thanks Rich. I regret to say that I didn't build it, it takes at least 100 hours and I didn't have that kind of spare time. There's quite a few about of various specs and ages and prices are fairly attractive at the moment. Of course if you want a Caterham (mine's a Westfield) you'll have to dig deeper. :cry: The members of the WSCC will affirm that the Westfield can be better, though. Mine is fairly basic; Pinto engine on Dellortos etc. Great fun but not a serious travelling machine.

I cant help you with any of that - I was still in short trousers in 1977. Nice car though, I plan to build one myself one day fing32.gif

i was still in nappies

Archived