Security Installer Community

sterling 10

gooner31

had to ring a customer tonight who has a sterling 10 now im not a big fan of these panels but thats another story. Anyway they tried to part set the system last night and nothing happened when they put the code in they tried it another half dozen times and still nothing. when they came down this morning you guessed it the alarm went off they stopped it and reset the system. i talked her through the part setting on the phone tonight and it all seemed to be working ok it set and when she came down the stairs it started the entry tone so she stopped it. but she was asking me why it didnt set last night (which it obviously did) but she said there was no beeps and no confirmation beep to say it was set last night yet tonight it beeped and gave out a confirmation beep once set. any ideas what could of happened last night i was puzzled to say the least.

pete B)

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Hi Pete,

Customer doesn't need to enter code to set. You only need press Control and then A B C or D depending on which programmes have been used. I usually program A for Away, and B for Bed. She may have pressed one of the unused programs?

By using Set and then ABC or D, you will set it in the silent mode whereby the confirmation tone is emitted at the end of the preset time period.

I have found at times that the keys do not fully contact despite beeping when pressed. Make sure the cable entering through the rear of the keypad isn't causing the keypad to sit slightly 'off-balance'.

Hope this helps a littel, otherwise all I can suggest is that you personally set and unset the system to establish the facts. We all know what some customers can be like at times!

(No offence intended to any of my customers reading this!) <_<

Regards

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

hi steve

thanks for replying to my post i got called out to the customer today and from what i can make out the panel is shot to bits when trying to set the system it goes into alarm and says fire on the keypad when the system is in day mode its saying pa. so i defaulted the system and reprogrammed it from scratch and this made it worse.the customer was saying for the last few months she had lost confidence in the system and wanted rid of it.so i managed to sell her a new gardtec system so she is now very happy. thanks again steve

pete B)

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Archived