Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9600: False Alarm And Errors.

Guest Barkeeper

Guest Barkeeper

Hello,

First of all I would like to say that I know very little to nothing about security systems. So I will probably not talk about "bellboxes", "tampers" and similiar terms I came across on this site. I will try to describe, despite being Dutch, things I don't know the name of.

We moved in this house in 2000. The previous owner had his own, large, company and had his office here. Therefor he had installed a security system, Scantronic 9600 (Year 1990). We said we wouldn't use the system so we checked out ( ? ) with the control center (Police center that gets notified incase of an alarm going off ). All we got was a user guide and the code to stop the alarm going off.

2 months ago or something the inside alarm suddenly went off. We filled in the code but not a minute later it went off again. This happened like 5 times and then it kept quiet. My father opened the box which is located in the provisionroom. When he opened it the alarm went off again so we stopped it and closed the box. Since then the control panel said "Battery failure. Box sabotage, system obstruction. Please reset"( Translated from Dutch ), but we couldn't do anything.

Today, me and my mother were cleaning upstairs. My father was walking the dog and brother and sister were on the PC. The alarm went off again, but this time it was both inside and outside. I turned off the alarm and wanted to go back upstairs. I couldn't make 3 steps or it went off again. This time it kept going off for like 10 times. Finally I got it quiet and this time the control panel showed: "Outside-alarm sabotage, system obstruction. Please reset". We decided that it can't go on this way any longer and we took the phone number on those stickers on the windows and called it but the company didn't seem to exist anymore. After some googling I ended up here. Until now we've had the luck that it didn't occur at night which would really be terrible.

Is there any solution for this? We will try to contact an engineer but maybe any of you got some useful tips for us.

Thank you very much in advance,

- Wouter

Guest Barkeeper

Well we want to get rid of the system. All it's good for is the siren outside scaring off burglars :P Yes, we have yellow pages too. We will contact an engineer as soon as possible. Thanks for your very quick replies.

Guest Barkeeper

Does that mean it won't make any sound anymore? That would be great. Although I would need some instructions then, which probably means: Engineer.

Archived