Security Installer Community

Diy Install Of Pir Dectors To Scantronic 9651

Guest PaulMaddocks

Guest PaulMaddocks

Hi all,

First post on the forum, so far found it very useful but I have a couple of specific questions I need some answers to before I can wire up my panel.

I have a scantronic 9651 with 5 Honeywell PIRs and 1 smoke detector. I have checked the manual for the control box and just need to confirm the following:

Power for PIRs etc are all connected the AUX power connector strip (as this is the only power output I can see on the board).

The alarm connections on the PIRs (each connected on a different zone) appear to share a connection block, e.g for Zones 1 and 2 there are 3 connections, am i correct in assuming that Zone 1 PIR Alarm + goes to first connection, return from Zone 1 middle, Zone 2 return to middle and Zone 2 Alarm to 3rd connection. (Apologies if this is totally off the mark but I could not see how else it goes)

Finally, could someone be kind enough to post a very quick diagram on FSL wiring, I understand you need to wire the 2 different resistors into each sensor, but not got a grasp on which to where.

Again sorry for the obvious questions but I am keen to get my head around this and get it all done myself. Programming I got no problems, just the physical.

cheers

(Also posted on the DIY install section)

Hi all,

First post on the forum, so far found it very useful but I have a couple of specific questions I need some answers to before I can wire up my panel.

I have a scantronic 9651 with 5 Honeywell PIRs and 1 smoke detector. I have checked the manual for the control box and just need to confirm the following:

Power for PIRs etc are all connected the AUX power connector strip (as this is the only power output I can see on the board).

The alarm connections on the PIRs (each connected on a different zone) appear to share a connection block, e.g for Zones 1 and 2 there are 3 connections, am i correct in assuming that Zone 1 PIR Alarm + goes to first connection, return from Zone 1 middle, Zone 2 return to middle and Zone 2 Alarm to 3rd connection. (Apologies if this is totally off the mark but I could not see how else it goes)

Finally, could someone be kind enough to post a very quick diagram on FSL wiring, I understand you need to wire the 2 different resistors into each sensor, but not got a grasp on which to where.

Again sorry for the obvious questions but I am keen to get my head around this and get it all done myself. Programming I got no problems, just the physical.

cheers

(Also posted on the DIY install section)

Can't help you there, they are questions for the Trade only section. Sorry

The older I get, the faster I was.

Archived