Security Installer Community

Permanent Tamper

felsteaduk

I have an Optima XM and since doing a little DIY, new floors and additional book cases, etc I am having problems with one zone. SOmetimes the system is fine, but then in the evening I have triggered it when walking past a certain door. The cables run under the floor here and against the wall, so I think that I must have snagged it under the floor when walking on a certain floor board. Its been OK on and off but now that zone is consitantly on tamper when I set tthe system. The only way round it is to omit that zone which happens to be my back windo and the back door in series.

Its not too much of a problem, security wise as the two rooms off the kitchen have motion sensors so any intruder will trigger the alarm, unless they only want to steal my kettle.

UNtil I get under the floors, is there a way to omit the zone permantly, or do I have to disconect them at the control panlel?

I will get round to re-laying the cable and swapping it for a motion sensor instead of 2 PIDs when I decorate that room.

UNless anyone has a simple idea?

Thanks for reading

Archived