Security Installer Community

Zone Expander

I have installed a Texecom Veritas R8Plus about 10 months ago. Ok, so I would have been better with a control panel with more than 8 zones banghead

Can anyone adivise me please of any way that I could expand this to get a few more zones?

I know that the Texecom Premier range of expanders are supposed to be for that range of control panels but can the remote ones be used with the R8Plus or any other kind of expander be used?

I know that previously someone has spoken of an ACT zone splitter but having looked on their website that appears to be in relation to tamper zones. Could that be used?

Is there a way to cheat with the PA button and wire it in to the global tamper to save a zone?

:new_multi: Thanks

I have installed a Texecom Veritas R8Plus about 10 months ago. Ok, so I would have been better with a control panel with more than 8 zones banghead

Can anyone adivise me please of any way that I could expand this to get a few more zones?

I know that the Texecom Premier range of expanders are supposed to be for that range of control panels but can the remote ones be used with the R8Plus or any other kind of expander be used?

I know that previously someone has spoken of an ACT zone splitter but having looked on their website that appears to be in relation to tamper zones. Could that be used?

Is there a way to cheat with the PA button and wire it in to the global tamper to save a zone?

:new_multi: Thanks

The proper way would be to purchase a Premier 24 or 48. That way, you can expand the system in the correct manner without resorting to bodgery ;) I don't think the Expanders are compatable with the R8+.

The tamper splitter could be used as a zone splitter, but it's really only intended for identifying specific tamper faults on a global tamper circuit. You'd need to take the lid off the panel to view the zone indicators and reset the unit everytime you had an activation. Plus you'd have issues with the zone re-arm feature knocking out the four zones on the splitter if you had a faulty detector or something on one of the ffour circuits on the splitter unit.

Again, with the PA there are ways to bodge it, but it's just easier and better to upgrade. The 24 is a much better panel than the R8 anyway!

Trade Member

Thanks for the advice. I initially bought the R8Plus because as a non-professional I thought that it would have been easier to install than the Premier 24 or 48, which I did look at.

I didn't have any major problems installing the R8Plus as the Texecom instruction manual is very detailed, covering the fitting and programming very well. The few minor technical issues I needed to know were cleared up by some of you guys.

I know none of you know my skill level but having fitted this system (but obviously not professionally) do you think it would be easy enough for me to fit a Premier 24 in the future if the instructions manual is as good as the R8Plus?

Archived