Security Installer Community

Texecom Prestige Qd Pir

Guest D Bromley

Guest D Bromley

Does anyone know why one of my Texecom Prestige QD PIR sensors has both the orange and the green LEDs permanently on?

If I move in the room the red LED illuminates as you would expect, but with no movement the orange and green never distinguish. This behaviour only affects the one PIR, all others have no LEDs illuminated when there is no movement.

I would be most grateful if someone could advise me what to do. I have tried covering the sensor but still the LEDs remain on.

Many thanks,

Derek

It sounds like it has been set up to be 'too sensitive'.

If this is YOUR system, then enter into engineer menu, this will disable the tamper alarm, remove the cover of the detector and adjust the sensitivity of the sensor inside. Replace the cover and check to see how it is now responding, if all is ok then exit engineer menu.

If you do not have the engineer code or if the alarm was installed by a professional company then call them to come and check the detector (it may need to be replaced) and service the system too. B)

Either way, i suggest you get an engineer to check the detector and the whole system. You dont want to compromise your security.

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

I have fitted plenty of QD's and never had a problem with the LED's staying lit...

I did have a faulty sensor once where the green LED wouldnt light up, it didnt effect the sensor and it still went into alarm condition on activation. I changed the sensor anyway to keep the customer happy and just put the fault down to a faulty LED and sent it back to Texecom.

Archived