Security Installer Community

Airitech Cs350

Guest fonepatch

Guest fonepatch

Hi everyone.

Bought the present house 6mths ago. Its 6yrs old and fitted with Airitech CS350 Alarm.

Presently showing orange/yellow exclamation LED with message Low Battery.

Not sure if alarm is functioning correctly.

Is it normal for the battery to run down..or is it suppose to re-charge itself.??

The Alarm is not connected to phone line.

Probably something simple so will leave calling out enginner for the moment.

Any help or advice greatly accepted.

Regards,

Billy.

S.Ireland.

Needs a new battery mate :P

Get an engineer round to do a full service as I doubt its been done since installation.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Guest fonepatch
Needs a new battery mate :P

Get an engineer round to do a full service as I doubt its been done since installation.

Many thanks PJF..but is it the battery in the PIF sensor (RED SENSOR on Landing) that I need to replace or is in the main control panel.??

Many thanks again for swift reply.

Bill.

Guest fonepatch
probably just the batterys dead. they do recharge, but they dont last forever. there normally in the main panel.

Thanks for that Simon.!

Will the alarm be activated upon removing the cover?? and what kind of battery do I need.?

Bill.

Your battery could be one of a few different sizes, for an easy life get an engineer in. The external bell will need a new battery aswell. If you open the end station the alarm will sound on a tamper fault an MAY lock out needing a reset.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Thanks for that Simon.!

Will the alarm be activated upon removing the cover?? and what kind of battery do I need.?

Bill.

alarm will possibly sound. youll need to look first to see what battery you need. as mentioned, you may also need to change battery in bellbox.

on some alarms, you can stop the alarm sounding when a tamper is activated. look in the manual for this

on some alarms, you can stop the alarm sounding when a tamper is activated. look in the manual for this

on any alarm enter a user code of the correct level it will silance it.... :rolleyes:

Your battery could be one of a few different sizes, for an easy life get an engineer in. The external bell will need a new battery aswell. If you open the end station the alarm will sound on a tamper fault an MAY lock out needing a reset.

which the user code may not do.......... it called enginer reset on tamper :rolleyes:

a really good one to catch the idiots out is engineer reset on power up :P

a really good one to catch the idiots out is engineer reset on power up :P

Agreed! :banned::rolleyes:

There are many reasons why an end user should not go opening the control panel and there are many reasons why there are engineer codes and things that only engineers can do.

It will be easier in the long run if you ask an engineer to come and replace the battery, service it and reset anything that might need resetting. Trying to do this yourself will usually end up in a worse situation. B)

Regards,

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

Archived