Security Installer Community

Accord XPC

geov

Hi,

Can anyone offer an explanation? We have taken over an Accord XPC and are not that experienced with this manfacturer. In day mode the tamper light is flashing, panel will set, unset and alarm as normal. Circuit tampers and bell/panel/RKP tampers all appear fine and no zone lights are showing.

Bet it's something obvious. :wacko:

New to the forum and have enjoyed reading the posts.

Thanks.

I'm not familiar with this panel either, but I'm sure someone will help.

Just a thought though - have you checked the condition of the battery?

^_^

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

I'm not familiar with this panel either, but I'm sure someone will help.

Just a thought though - have you checked the condition of the battery?

^_^

Hi,

yes. Put in new, higher capacity battery (and yes, tested the new battery too!).

Like you, I thought this may have been what was being indicated - but there's no mention of this facility that I can seen in the Engineering Manual. :blink:

I'll post the response I get from Ademco.

Thanks for the input.

Have a read through the manual, its on the Ademco Website, its got many weird and wonderful features so it might be one... it could actualy be a circuit tamper - but the system may be set to still arm and disarm even if there is a tamper fault.

Hi,

and the answer to the problem is .... not straightforward.

Advice from Ademco was thet the flashing tamper should be accompanied with a solid zone light (which was not the case). Neither should the panel be capable of being set in this condition. Suggested another default of the panel, and if still no resolution, probably a hardware fault.

Defaulted the panel for a second time, and hey presto, the flashing tamper was now a solid tamper! ;) Checked, bell, panel and RKP tampers (again), and behold, the RKP tamper has an intermittent fault. Managed to clear this, tamper light gone, and one happy customer!

Thanks all for the input/suggestions - off now to a 9800+ with sticky keypad.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest scud1373

OK this is a long (ish) story but basically I'm after some advice/help because I have (possibly) the same problem. I'll continue...

Firstly let me say that I'm not an alarm fitter or anything I'm the new owner of the house and inherited the //.National Installer.// alarm system, but I do consider myself smart enough to understand fitting alarm systems.

When we first moved in we were given an alarm code (this subsequently proved to be wrong) and key fobs for quick alarm deactivation. I spoke to //.National Installer.// and informed them that I was the new owner and wondered what they could offer me in the way of service. They gave me 2 options:

Option 1:

Take out a monthly plan at around £25.00 per month (minimum contract 12 months), basic monitoring.

Option 2:

They would come round and check and rest the alarm for £300.00 call out.

Well I'm sorry but this just confirmed the inital research I'd done. //.National Installer.// are shysters.

A couple of days later whilst considering what to do and carrying out more research the alarm goes off. The key fobs didn't work, the alarm code didn't work (see above), police turn up (despite the fact that //.National Installer.// told us that the system was no longer monitored), spoke to //.National Installer.// who said "call out I'm afraid sir", so my only option was open the box and cut the power. Which I did.

Now we get to the more complex stuff. The box was open now so I got as much info possible and discovered that it's an accord xpc etc. Got the manuls sussed out the code reset, powered the system back up and now I get the Flashing bell - "zone 9 tamper" which as far as I can gather from the stuff on the net means either I have the sames issues desribed above, or as suggested on another site the flashing bell incidates system tampering - which isn't a surprise considering I opened the main box.

I'd like to know anyones opinions on where to go next. Should I do a full reset on the box and try to reprogram the system (without the //.National Installer.// alerting functionality) or should I get the system replaced?

cheers

scud1373

:blink:

Guest scud1373

Wow! - Speedy and comprehensive response - very much appreciated.

We live in Worsley, outside Manchester. Any recommendations would be gladly accepted. I

Archived