Security Installer Community

pir wiring

Guest John Arkley

Guest John Arkley

Hello all I have a pir wiring problem.I got a pre wired alarm of eBay and Burnt the panel out so I got a Ade panel (of Ebay again) but the first alarm has three wires to the pirs (six connections in the pir three used) do I need a extra wirer? for each pir and were do they go?

Thanks John

Guest Peter James

Hi john

There should of been a manual with the ade panel that will tell you how its wired.

Which ADE panel and what detectors you are trying to connect to them?

Pete

Guest John Arkley

Its a ADE Optima Compact 6 zone panel don't no what the pirs are they wear on a security master 8 zone system and they have a block with 4 small switches inside each pir.

Guest granleyss

IF I remember correctly the security master system is a diy system think its the tp800 where you get a small control unit, 4 pir, 4 Contacts and the 2 boxes for outside unfortunley the pir can not be wired into the standard alarm controls that myself and fellow engineer use as they are designed for use with the master system control unit only (like micromark) You would either need to get the same control unit or purchase PIR from elsewhere don,t see any reason why you can,t use the contacts though.

Guest John Arkley
:wacko: I have now got the pirs powered and with a multimeter found the contacts (open with the light on) but when I wire it to the alarm it will not set the alarm off .but if I put a link of wire between two of the terminals in the pir it will go off but the pir light has to go on and when it go's out it sets the alarm off NOT when it comes on? if you can follow that.

Archived