Security Installer Community

Tamper Issue

Guest KarlCT

Guest KarlCT

I inputted the wrong code on my Veritas alarm system, the Tamper button is now flashing with Zone 5 constantly lit. Everytime I try to reset it doesnt do anything. its just beeps on every key stroke :wub:

Hi Karl,

Have you tried putting the correct code into the system? Then pressing reset should restore the system to normal, but you must put your pin number in first.

The tamper will have lit up as you have entered your code wrong a few times, you only have a few attemtps before the alarm goes off as a tamper. Zone 5 will be lit as this is probably the first zone that was activated.

If you are unable to reset your system it is likely the engineer will have programmed engineer reset - generally only done on alarms linked to monitoring centres - so contact the company that installed your alarm in this case and ask them to remove engineer reset.

Dale

i think you have a tamper problem on the panel you need to clear the fault before you can reset the system

:ph34r:

Quote of the day: A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying damn we fcuked up!!!

management treat us like mushrooms!! keep us in the dark and feed us bullsiht!!!

Archived