Security Installer Community

Installation manual or HELP !!!!

Guest pete mann

Guest pete mann

HI got a problem

I was trying to locate some installation documentation for the Scantronic 9200 alaram. I recently had a door frame fitter to the rear of the house and the Joiner took ut the sensor and how does not know which wire goes to whihc terminal in the door frame sensor

can some one PLEASE help me :(

Thanks Pete Mann

Guest Peter James

Hi pete

A manual wouldnt help you much with this one as no two alarm companys use the same colour code.

The most simple way to resolve your problem is by trial and error.

Your contact will have two circuits, a 24hr tamper circuit and the alarm circuit.

I assume that your panel is showing tamper at the moment , join two of the wires together enter your code if the tamper clears your half way there (you will be lucky if you guess right 1st time) the pair left will be your alarm circuit.

The contact has about 5 screws two will usually be chrome the rest brass, the alarm circuit goes to the two chrome ones and the tamper pair goes to any one of the brass screws. (stop me if im going to fast) :wacko:

Of course you may have six or eight wires but my bet is you only have four as the panel is fairly old and older systems never have more cores than actually needed.

I would reccomend you get the system serviced if you havent already. Its an old system so the batery is highly likely past its sell by date.

Good Luck

Pete :)

Archived