Security Installer Community

Help with internal alarm timer

Guest SimonB

Guest SimonB

Hi,

I am using a Menvier (Cooper) TS690 panel along with NETLCD remote keypads and an SD1+ Speech Dialer.

An alarm condition occurred recently, the external sounder in the bell box worked for 20 minutes then reset (as per system timer 06 - Bell Duration), but the alarm from the internal sounder within the remote keypad kept going (for over two days until I returned to the property).

I can't find a timer which sets the internal sounder on the remote keypad. Is there one?

many thanks in advance,

SimonB

There isn't a separate timer for the internal sounder. Have you tried ajusting the speaker volume for the speaker(if its wired directly to the kepad output, then the control is on the keypad otherwise if its wired to the main panel then its in the main box). Another alternative would be to find the cause of the alarm and repair /replace it so that the system doesn't false alarm. Another option would be to set the system up to rearm after an activation( say after 3 activations) and isolate the faulty device.

Colin.

Guest SimonB
There isn't a separate timer for the internal sounder. Have you tried ajusting the speaker volume for the speaker(if its wired directly to the kepad output, then the control is on the keypad otherwise if its wired to the main panel then its in the main box). Another alternative would be to find the cause of the alarm and repair /replace it so that the system doesn't false alarm. Another option would be to set the system up to rearm after an activation( say after 3 activations) and isolate the faulty device.

Colin.

Thanks for the prompt response again.

There is a volume control within the remote keypad.

I was trying to avoid having to turn this down to a low volume as I wanted to use the built in sounder on the remote keypads as the internal alarm.

It seems strange that the external sounder time is selectable but the internal is not. Maybe I need to use a seperate internal sounder off the main panel as this timer is controllable.

Must have been an anoyance for the next door neighbour having the internal sounder going off for a couple of days, at least the volume wsn't too high :D .

thanks,

SimonB

Archived