Security Installer Community

OPTIMA 2 PLUS

Guest Ian French

Guest Ian French

Can anyone help me. I have moved in to a house with an Optima 2 Plus alarm and the previous owners didn't leave us with the code. How do I restore the default settings?

Guest oldtimer

You can reset to factory conditions by

1. Press prog

2. enter #### (if you are lucky the previous owner did not change the eng code)

3. press Set Set (ie set twice)

4.press reset reset.

the panel will default to customer code 0123.

Also when you key in #### you will know that you are in engineers mode

when you get the Day & engineers light on the panel or E on the keypad

If this does not work then you would be beter getting someone to loook at it as the other way to do it requires some technical know how.

PS do not bother removing the mains and battery as this panel has a Non Volitile Memory and you will only be left with a alarm screaming its head of with no way

to silence it.

Guest Ian French

Thanks for that Old Timer, I've sent you an e-mail fully explaining the problem. Unfortunately I had to disconnect the battery and mains as my wife fiddled about with the alarm and set it off and we couldn't stop it. Do you have any more advice, I'm an aircraft electrician so I've got a bit of technical knowledge all be it not in the alarm field.

Guest Ian French

Thanks Old Timer. I've disconnected the speaker but the blue light is flashing outside. On the control panel the day and tamper lights are lit and the display is showing C. I've tried entering #### etc but nothing is happening. Can you advise further.

Archived