Security Installer Community

Very Quiet Ade Optima Compact Gen4 Intruder Panel

fredw

The non alarm tones on my ADE Optima Compact Gen4 Intruder Panel are very quite. The panel is mounted in a cupboard and they are barely audible with the cupboard door shut let alone when outside the closed front door.

The panel it replaced could be heard clearly outside the front door.

Can the volume be adjusted?

The non alarm tones on my ADE Optima Compact Gen4 Intruder Panel are very quite. The panel is mounted in a cupboard and they are barely audible with the cupboard door shut let alone when outside the closed front door.

The panel it replaced could be heard clearly outside the front door.

Can the volume be adjusted?

i'm not totally sure, but think from working on only a few of these panels they reduce the tones volume when it has a tamper fault.

most panels can have another internal speaker installed if needed to make it more audiable.

other who use this panel will comment soon i'd expect.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Put the system into engineers mode, to disable tamper circuits (prog ****), take the cover off the panel, bottom 1st, then top section, in the centre of the pcb you should see a potentiometer with vol +/- on it turn this up, (to test as u turn put sytem into low vol sounder test), til you get the correct volume (if its in a cupboard, whack it up to max).

Replace lids, (careful with keypad keys), press reset.

Job done

Mike

I've learned so much from my mistakes, I'm thinking of making a few more..

.........in the centre of the pcb you should see a potentiometer with vol +/- on it turn this up, ..........(if its in a cupboard, whack it up to max).

Mike

Thanks. Much better volume now.

Strange quirk however, volume increases as you turn the potentiometer anticlockwise.

Archived