Security Installer Community

Old Sensormatic Speed Dome Need Help

dpropps

I need help with an old sensormatic ptz model number Ra485lp. I know it was controled with a VM96. I don't have the VM96 system and need to know if there is a way to hook these up and control with either a vm16 touch tracker or I also have a RCTTRK. I can get them to power up but no movement. I have looked and can not located in information on these old cameras. I was told that I needed a MP48 and a AD2088 to make these work. I'm looking for a cheaper way to get these going. Does anyone know where I could get a VM96?

Hi Dpropps,

A VM96!? I've not heard that name in ages, brilliant kit but complicated and expensive.

I'm not familiar with the model number you quoted for the dome though.

Is it a full size beastie which sits inside a metal chassis? If so, has it got a single PCB on the side or a double PCB?

If it's a compact unit with an eyeball about the same width as the dome body, it's probably an UltraDome.

If it's an Ultra, you shouldn't have any problems connecting it to a ADTT16e using Sensornet data (bastardised RS485).

If it's a dual card speeddome, it'll only run using RS422 data. I think the only current RS422 driver is the AD48 matrix. If you're stuck, PM me. I have a PC programme that should allow you to drive the dome using your computer (you'll need and RS232 to RS422 converter).

Yes they are the big ones with double pcb. That is the problem, so out of date. Do you know anything about the rcsn422. Sensornet to rs-422 converter? It looks like this could be used to hook them up and control with touch tracker. I just don't know if it will work for ten of them. What kind of sytem req. are needed to run them off of a computer.

Yes they are the big ones with double pcb. That is the problem, so out of date. Do you know anything about the rcsn422. Sensornet to rs-422 converter? It looks like this could be used to hook them up and control with touch tracker. I just don't know if it will work for ten of them. What kind of sytem req. are needed to run them off of a computer.

If you can get your hands on an RCSN422 then, in theory, you should be able to control them via a VM16 and ten of them shouldn't be a problem.

The PC application is ancient so you may have problems with very new o/s'. Windows 3.1 or 95 would be ideal. Otherwise it might be worth seeing if you can get hold of a VM1 on e-bay or an MP48, they both support AD422.

Hope this helps, good luck fella

Archived