Security Installer Community

Alarm System Call Out

i installed a PTZ camera to a block of flats, been in a year or so, get a report it is 'screeching', guessing a belt issue i go to the job, i can't hear anything. Can't raise the client or any tenants.

Few days later, another call, so i insist the client attends with keys. We meet up and this time the tenant is home, marches us into the bedroom, there you are she says - neither of us can hear anything unusual, we have to wait until the traffic outside stopped passing, all hold our breath and only then you could hear a very faint whirring from this camera.

This place is in The Frognal, Hampstead, a very busy cut through for traffic and emergency vehicles, let alone noise from Finchley Road, this woman has a new born baby and is stating perfectly seriously her baby is holding its ears in sheer pain due to this excessive 'screeching' of this camera - Naff all to do with traffic noise or police sirens obviously.

Having had 3 boys or our own, and now 5 grandkids, i've yet to see such a young baby able to clasp it's hands over it's ears and keep them there, or do so due to reacting noise. Told the client i have no medical qualifications, but as far as i'm concerned the child likely has an ear infection, but to appease the tenant i disabled the tour.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived