Security Installer Community

Engineer(s) Required

We are looking for a good fire alarm engineer(s) for installation & sevicing all types of fire detection systems, aspirating systems etc

Company vehicle, phone, tools etc.

This is a full time, permanent vacancy for someone looking for a long term career with us. We would show the same commitment in return.

To apply, please send an email to paul@cannonfire.co.uk.

All applications in strictest confidence.

Trade Member

We are looking for a good fire alarm engineer(s) for installation & sevicing all types of fire detection systems, aspirating systems etc

Company vehicle, phone, tools etc.

This is a full time, permanent vacancy for someone looking for a long term career with us. We would show the same commitment in return.

To apply, please send an email to paul@cannonfire.co.uk.

All applications in strictest confidence.

This isn't a dig at you it just makes me laugh when recruitment agencies or others recruiting put down vehicle and a phone as a type of perk. These are merely tools required in order to carry out our work they are not a privilge and should not be included in job scecs.

This isn't a dig at you it just makes me laugh when recruitment agencies or others recruiting put down vehicle and a phone as a type of perk. These are merely tools required in order to carry out our work they are not a privilge and should not be included in job scecs.

Disagree with you here, if most people saw an ad for an engineer and there was no mention of a company vehicle they probably wouldn't take anther look, true they may not be perks, (although they might be!), but important to list all that the job includes.

Disagree with you here, if most people saw an ad for an engineer and there was no mention of a company vehicle they probably wouldn't take anther look, true they may not be perks, (although they might be!), but important to list all that the job includes.

How can that be? As a service engineer whos work takes him all over three counties how can a vehicle not be a tool used to carry out the job? As an engineer who has to put systems on test remotely retrieve results from those tests, collect extra work whilst on the move and take emergency phone calls when on call - how can a phone not be classed as a tool? They are both essential items that everyone needs and gets and it annoys me when employers make out that they are doing you a favour by issuing you with them.

How can that be? As a service engineer whos work takes him all over three counties how can a vehicle not be a tool used to carry out the job? As an engineer who has to put systems on test remotely retrieve results from those tests, collect extra work whilst on the move and take emergency phone calls when on call - how can a phone not be classed as a tool? They are both essential items that everyone needs and gets and it annoys me when employers make out that they are doing you a favour by issuing you with them.

I agree with you that these are necessities, I just disagree with your view that they should not be listed in the job spec - they form part of the necessary information for a would-be employee.

On whether or not they are perks, that would depend on what was offered - Fiat Diablo Van v Astra Estate for example, both would suit the purpose for an alarm engineer but the Astra Estate would allow much better facilities for the engineer if afforded private use.

I agree with you that these are necessities, I just disagree with your view that they should not be listed in the job spec - they form part of the necessary information for a would-be employee.

On whether or not they are perks, that would depend on what was offered - Fiat Diablo Van v Astra Estate for example, both would suit the purpose for an alarm engineer but the Astra Estate would allow much better facilities for the engineer if afforded private use.

OK fair enough. On that subject - if I were issued with a car rather than a van, ie an astra estate rather than an astravan and I worked from home (ie no commuting as working from the second you step out of the front door to the second you walk back in) and I didn't use the car for any personal use at all would i still be taxed for the car??

alsec,

I dont think you would be taxed in your case, but you would get some stroppy letters from the inland robbers, asking why you dont do any private miles.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

alsec,

I dont think you would be taxed in your case, but you would get some stroppy letters from the inland robbers, asking why you dont do any private miles.

This isn't my case I was just wondering. Is the above not possible though? Is anyone actually doing this at the moment?

company cars biggest emotional subject in our industry........if you all went self employed you soon wouldnt be worried about what vehicle you drove around in or what phone you had as long as it didnt cost you much. It takes an average of

Bri

trade.gif

Archived