Security Installer Community

Gardtec In Screwfix

These companies do nothing to inspire trade confidence. We dropped Intellisense because their detectors were avalible through screwfix - At our cost price?!?

Looks like we will be dropping Gardtec kit soon........ :no:

Trade Member

good afternoon everybody

the panel in question is only the led version. the panel is not graded and therefore will not be of competition against product that you may be using. we did not think that it would upset anybody, but if it does please contact me on 07970110011 to make me aware.

hope this explains it and it will not be of detriment to our relationships.

kind regards

wayne farrell

Anybody spotted the eurosec & gardtec speech dialler being flogged to diy brigade through screwfix

good afternoon everybody

the panel in question is only the led version. the panel is not graded and therefore will not be of competition against product that you may be using.

Sorry Wayne, but I totally agree with RICHL, simply having the gardtec brand available in any form to the DIY'er is very off putting and will no doubt annoy many installers, I for one am a little shocked by this move as it's something I never expected to see Gardtec do, and sadly I do know to one company who will stop using your higher end products as soon as they find out, just as they did when Texecom made the move.

:no:

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Sorry Wayne, but I totally agree with RICHL, simply having the gardtec brand available in any form to the DIY'er is very off putting and will no doubt annoy many installers, I for one am a little shocked by this move as it's something I never expected to see Gardtec do, and sadly I do know to one company who will stop using your higher end products as soon as they find out, just as they did when Texecom made the move.

:no:

Totaly agree.

To echo Daves comments, I (and several other co's i know) won't use the texecom kit because customers can buy it from retail outlets. :fear:

You have a good reputation for solid kit and a brand name known for it's quality, why then take the box shifter route? I can't say it's the best move for Gardtec to make :(

I take it was purely a financial decision?

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

While I don't think this was a particularly good move on Gardtec's part in the eyes of the professional installer (see previous and forthcoming replies in this thread), the dialer appears to have had the Gardtec brand label removed from the casing, and one would hope this applies to any packaging and literature provided with the unit (though I think it's doubtful they have gone to that extent) and who uses the CP8 anyway? Surely everyone goes for the CP8L? I personally don't think it's too much of a concearn especially as these units are unlikely to comply for anything other than grade 1 properties, and I'm assuming most of us will be installing grade 2 and 3 systems anyway. That said, I am a little dissapointed in this descision too. A company as respected in this trade as Gardtec should have considered the potential implications of this descision before hand, maybe even going as far as asking the opinion of a few of their trusted customers or even the members of this site. Just offering a different take on things here, as I don't think it's worth ditching the 800 series panels or Novagard boxes over a speech dialer and an ungraded panel! Then again, I suppose it's a matter of principle?

Trade Member

I agree with others it is very well Wayne saying it is only the LED version but it looks similar enough for the customer to think you are selling them DIY crappy panel. Lets face it you have to be very careful what you get from the likes of screwfix and lots of people know this.

Trade Member

We use very little from Gardtec, we used the eurosec LCD for domestic situations, having now read this post i think i might have to change our choice due to screwfix catalouges come in the sunday papers and when we send a quote out which say we are installing a eurosec lcd control panel, all the customer will say is that that eurosec in screwfix for

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

We use very little from Gardtec, we used the eurosec LCD for domestic situations, having now read this post i think i might have to change our choice due to screwfix catalouges come in the sunday papers and when we send a quote out which say we are installing a eurosec lcd control panel, all the customer will say is that that eurosec in screwfix for

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived