Security Installer Community

Cctv Camera That Does Dvd Quality Picture?

Ish

My suggestions, to keep quality up and costs down are to use a high res colour camera (suggest JVC or Sanyo) with zoom lens (suggest Videor Technical) (max resolutions without going to broadcast spec are 480 to 520 TV lines). Many colour cameras on the market meet this spec. This could be mouted on an internal pan/tilt head (recommend Vicon APT3030) which can be controlled from a hardwired joystick controller (suggest Nortek). Control cable is a 12-core multicore. If you use a camera with a Y/C SVHS output, this could connect into the Y/C input of your DVD recorder. I know that everyone's into domes these days and they are more aesthetically pleasing - but you will pay extra for these. If you're happy you have the technical nouse to install the kit - fine. Otherwise, employ a CCTV technician who could have the system installed and working in a few hours. :)

Paul Main

ClearView Communications Ltd

Robjohns Road Chelmsford

Essex CM1 3AG

Telephone: 01245 214104

Fax: 01245 214101

paul.main@clearview-communications.com

www.clearview-communications.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are also cheaper without having to run the gauntlet of going the LJD route (you were saying about paying only once :( ).

now i like good healthy competition and even some banter, but keep it fair. i note you are a distributor - but that snipe was a little naughty. LJD Security offer for an optional premium, a 2, 3 or 5 year warrenty which when you add that premium to the cost of the unit it is still cheaper than what many others offer with a 1 year warrenty - so where do you pay twice? :hmm: more like 3/4.

as an aside on the leviathan dvr it comes with a 3 year on-site warrenty within the price. that means if the installer goes belly-up they will still fix the DVR (should one ever go pear shape). do you know any supplier who can match that then? perhaps yourselves.

i've used leviathans for 5 years, never needed to return any as with their cheaper DVRs, only ever had to replace a couple of cooling fans, which happens to any computer/dvr equipment and normally right after decorations are done :rolleyes: .

"We are a distributor so we will not be able to quote you but if you ask nicely I can send you some data sheets"

if you can offer to match LJD in price or quality - and i bet you have their price list :yes: then please send me your data sheets and trade prices.

and while practicing what i preach and playing fair, LJD's technical help is not as quick as it could be - but when they eventually reply its usually accurate in my experience, but then i have only ever used it once in 'combat' to get a low cost dvr unlocked after security guard changed all the codes.

my biggest grip with them is stock levels :hmm: you pick something from the LJD catalogue price up the job, then its not available for 6 weeks :cry: .

still like me nobody is perfect!

arfur_mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived