Security Installer Community

Galaxy Rs232 Or Ethernet Interface Manuals ?

Guest ericw

Guest ericw

I have just managed to get a galaxy 18 panel installed and now want to use it to talk to my home automation system eg to automate light when detector detects a move etc.

I know this can be done with via the rs232 interface (from the bits&bytes home automation website, who recommend a galaxy panel for this...).

Excerpt of the site: http://www.bitsbytes.be/dom_en/dom_en.html

There are two possibilities for connecting the alarm to B & B Home System: either communication happens over separate contacts, or over a data connection (recommended in case of many sensors). If you work with a data connection, we recommend the Galaxy communication exchange from Microtech. It has the advantage that it passes on information from sensors and cameras (and possibly initiates an action, such as switching on the lights), also when the alarm is not set to 'armed'.

Possibilities are unlimited. Some examples:

I have just managed to get a galaxy 18 panel installed and now want to use it to talk to my home automation system eg to automate light when detector detects a move etc.

I know this can be done with via the rs232 interface (from the bits&bytes home automation website, who recommend a galaxy panel for this...).

Excerpt of the site: http://www.bitsbytes.be/dom_en/dom_en.html

There are two possibilities for connecting the alarm to B & B Home System: either communication happens over separate contacts, or over a data connection (recommended in case of many sensors). If you work with a data connection, we recommend the Galaxy communication exchange from Microtech. It has the advantage that it passes on information from sensors and cameras (and possibly initiates an action, such as switching on the lights), also when the alarm is not set to 'armed'.

Possibilities are unlimited. Some examples:

the galaxy is an automation system,not just an alarm..a few relays here and there why do you need a separate automation system...mine switches external lights but could switch anything if needed..heating,cctv,lights, doors tv's etc..

*QFA.

Everything that site mentions is what the Galaxy can do on its own, no HA system required. I recommend you have a word with installation engineer that has just fitted it to see what he can do for you.

Archived