Security Installer Community

Quad PIR's

andyhodson

Wonderful bit of kit from Pyronix (Cough) supposed at the time to be the latest thing. //.National Installer.// fitted loads and allegedly removed lots after some strong wind, supposed to of had a rework and now much better.

Still wont fit one good job Pyronix don

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

So in summary

both veritec & sequad are waste of space.

one cable one decvice (its easier in the long run)

the spacing of 2.5M comes form the bsia (never made the published doc)

TRITECH is a boschTM

don't overlap with pir's

If you want a quad pir the popular RX40 works well.

And those of you which are looking at the alarms wilst shoppping are very sad :whistle: (me too)

Firstly, I would like to thank all of you for your input into the Tri-Tech confusion. In essence, we still need to design and specify the use of one Dual-Tech and one standard PIR spaced 2.5 metres apart for the double confirmation.

Once again, thanx!

So in summary

both veritec & sequad are waste of space.

60124[/snapback]

Have to disagree. Both of the above detectors have a place in our market, both are excellent design; both require serious consideration before use. I have many Sequads installed and have even had a genuine confirmed from one of these. I have also seen these units installed by others in totally the wrong locations and conditions. TMD

Customers!

Have to disagree. Both of the above detectors have a place in our market, both are excellent design; both require serious consideration before use. I have many Sequads installed and have even had a genuine confirmed from one of these. I have also seen these units installed by others in totally the wrong locations and conditions. TMD

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

we have used both thepyronix and optex units and find them both very good units if installed with a good understanding of how the units work. it also helps to try and explain to the customer to make sure they keep windows and doors shut.

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

Archived