Security Installer Community

Which Firm

Guest hardy

Hi Minime,

Just wondering what sort of H/W faults you have encountered that shut the loop down on a Vig?

Personally like the Advanced MX for addressable. Gent Xenex are good and realiable for conventional.

Dont like the remote signal isolate on Haes conventional - no warning led to remind you its isolated or not

Dom

Hi Dom,

Had a faulty sounder/strobe in a warehouse that displayed a HW fault, and a heat that was brand new I may add !?

In both cases the only way to get around the problem without a spare was to remove the device and reset the card.

As a matter of interest do you work for Gent?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Worked with Gent vigillon, long winded, HW fault shuts down the loop ( really handy when you haven't got a spare sounder/strobe in the boot and cannot access it to loop it through! ) cracking bit of desingn chaps!

Just my humble opinion

in that case you broke the golden rule about resetting a loop without having kit required to fix any faults or means of access to link through hardly a problem with the panel design.

a hardware fault will not shut a loop down.

i hope sparkydom does not work for gent as they frown on participation of this forum :angry:

in that case you broke the golden rule about resetting a loop without having kit required to fix any faults or means of access to link through hardly a problem with the panel design.

a hardware fault will not shut a loop down.

i hope sparkydom does not work for gent as they frown on participation of this forum :angry:

I was advised to reset the loop by a person trained by Gent to train others

Guest Cerberus NI
bad avice then ;) not something you can really blame the panel for

I think that this must be a policy decision to give dodgy advice - I was told to allocate if I took a device out to clear a fault by a GENT engineer.

Only did it once mind (although I did have a MCP hanging from where a sounder had been to clear a faullt until I got a replacement sounder.

Guest Cerberus NI

Anyone else feel that this topic has run it's course and if anyone really needs to expand on it (over and above what has already been written) they can open up a new thread??

I think that this must be a policy decision to give dodgy advice - I was told to allocate if I took a device out to clear a fault by a GENT engineer.

Only did it once mind (although I did have a MCP hanging from where a sounder had been to clear a faullt until I got a replacement sounder.

we only gave bad info to non gent staff :P to make us look good. thats a joke sounds like you dealt with a pair of numptys

Ha ha,

Used to work fo Gent, but not anymore, so hopefully I wont be given the spanish inquisition over my comments... not that I expect the spanish inquisition!!

Made the same mistake myself about a month ago..........faulty external sounder. tried to re-allocate to clear......s**t that buggered it up!!

Dom

Guest G.J.M
... not that I expect the spanish inquisition!!
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition
Anyone else feel that this topic has run it's course and if anyone really needs to expand on it (over and above what has already been written) they can open up a new thread??
agreed closed

Archived