Security Installer Community

Pet Friendly Sensors

Guest stubbsy007

Guest stubbsy007

We have recently moved into a house that has an //.National Installer.// alarm system which we now want re-activated. The engineer came round and said there was no point doing it as we have a cat and it would set off the sensors.

Having been on the internet it would appear that we can get pet friendly sensors - is this correct?

Yes it is, but a cat can present the greatest challenge to a detector as it jumps up onto higher surfaces, climbs curtains and does everything it can to make life difficult. Extreme care is required to select and position the right detector.

I thought the sensors could ignore a ket to a certain approximate weight i.e. 30kgs. I thought that technology had moved on so you no longer just made sure the sensors didn't cover the lower half of the room?

I thought the sensors could ignore a ket to a certain approximate weight i.e. 30kgs. I thought that technology had moved on so you no longer just made sure the sensors didn't cover the lower half of the room?

Even if you could attach a scale to detector which would allow proper measurement of the cat's weight detector cannot be absolutely sure if the cat climbs up and comes closer to the detector. Just like a big bee taking a "goo" on to the lens of the detector.

If you can teach your cat not to climb there is no problem :)

//.National Installer.// dont like pet friendly sensors, (dont ask!) the //.National Installer.// salesman will come round and try to sell you perimiter security.

Not trying to put down //.National Installer.//,(The engineers that are on this site are very good and one of my engineers is ex //.National Installer.//) but you would be better off phoning around some local approved installers for a quote to take it over and update the sensors if //.National Installer.// wont.

Pete

pet sensors... :no: keep pets to one room with perimeter protection....

pet friendly = thief friendly

pet sensors... :no: keep pets to one room with perimeter protection....

pet friendly = thief friendly

Oh yay, Oh yay, Oh yay.

//.National Installer.// do 'pet friendly' sensors but I would not recommend them, go for perimeter protection and service back up from the worlds #1.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

We do use pet-friendly detectors, but - you have to position them so carefully..... In some spaces, at certain temperatures, some body shape people may not be detected :huh:

Allowing your pet in an pet-friendly alarmed room may be compromising security, not just your false alarm record.

Covering Avon & Somerset, Devon & Cornwall

www.Blanchard Fire & Security.co.uk

NSI Gold

We do use pet-friendly detectors, but - you have to position them so carefully..... In some spaces, at certain temperatures, some body shape people may not be detected :huh:

Allowing your pet in an pet-friendly alarmed room may be compromising security, not just your false alarm record.

a man taking sense... :yes:

A very interesting question and I am sure that you would not be at all pleased with many of the answers you would receive.

well make a start then...

ps..and dont make yourself liable... :whistle:

Archived