Security Installer Community

Pda

whistle

Thinking of getting this pda on contract for business use any comments ?

UPLANDS:MOBILE EMAIL:XDA EXEC

XDA EXEC

The XDA Exec enables you to access the internet, send & receieve emails, make phone calls, take pictures & view video clips! Its ingenious design incorporates a QWERTY keypad with a 180 degree rotating screen! It's the first device to use the new Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system & the first to work on O2's 3G tariff - check out their amazing O2 500 promo tariff below!

FEATURES:

Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system

Built-in QWERTY keyboard with 180-degree pivot landscape/portrait screen

Processor: Intel XScale PXA270

Processor speed: 520 MHz

Installed RAM: 64 MB

Battery life: 15 hours approx

Expansion slot(s): SD (SDIO-compatible)

Dimensions (WxDxH): 7.9 x 13 x 2 cm

Weight: 285 g

Display: 3.6"

Display type: Transflective TFT

Display resolution: 480 x 640 pixels

Display colour depth: 16 bits

Integrated mobile phone

3G compatability

Wi-Fi

Bluetooth

Dual digital cameras (regular & video call)

Anyone know if it will run microsoft access ??

Hi there i have an xda exec, i find it a little bulky to carry around and have had problems with it charging, its just been sent back for repair. Other than that its great for internet access with a useable keyboard, I managed to get tomtom 5 to run on it after a bit of messing around which is great for finding those hard to find jobs. I've run excel and word documents on it but not access. B)

SSAIB Approved.

If it ain't broke, you ain't trying hard enough

I have an O2 XDA Exec, and use DBpro to transfer cut down Access tables and forms.

There are plenty of other low-cost and shareware mini database programs and form handlers.

The software is more important than the Pocket PC really.

Down in the Southwest I haven't found a single place where I can get a 3G signal to use the videophone yet, or superfast data transfer -but gprs is fine.

The windows mobile 5 software is much improved over Pocket windows 2003. It doesnt crash and sieze so much, and battery life is far better than XDA02 S we have. Bluetooth doesnt drain the power as much on the Exec.

Shame its so darn heavy... Its ok in the van but you need a bluetooth earpiece, cause holding that brick to your ear is like carphones of 20yrs ago. The loudspeaker isnt good enough to hear handsfree, but you get nice stereo (if tinny) from MP3s in a quiet room.

I got mine free on a loyalty upgrade from O2

Covering Avon & Somerset, Devon & Cornwall

www.Blanchard Fire & Security.co.uk

NSI Gold

Archived