Security Installer Community

Commercial Installations

ZippyCat

Well, in case it is the consultant who will be sued and responsible for design faults I don't see any problem in working with them especially if I will get the consultant to sign my disclaimer for our responsibility of system design.

What comes to limiting our markets perhaps to domestic only.. :fear:

I have enough work at the moment fixing design and installation faults caused by consultants and reputable installation companies who work for consultants (and for one amateur class big company which exist there as well as here..).

:roflmao:

...works for a national and they have corporate boxes for the so called entertaining, golf days and the good old bottles at christmas, and this is a security company who is supposed to be honest / striaght and above board.

There's nothin' wrong in a bottle... :beer:

So would us the installer be able to put more on the job to keep our relationship with the consultants happy, just slide that brown paper bag in my pocket :whistle:

I know this goes on, but my comapny will never buy work in in this manner, one of my friends works for a national and they have corporate boxes for the so called entertaining, golf days and the good old bottles at christmas, and this is a security company who is supposed to be honest / striaght and above board.

Have you done any work for any consultants before ?

As for the spitting their dummy out, I think you wrong and by the sounds of it have never been involed with any consultants or you would not have posted what you did.

If by "consultant" you refer to third party non-industry person who thinks there is nothing to designing a security system, then yes, loads of times. But, I am not drawing on past experience when responding to these posts, I evaluated what Zippy said and can't see what is wrong if things work in the manner described. Call in ten alarm companies, some will send engineers, some experienced consultants, some consultants who did a one day alarm course on how to sell them. All will have different system design. As long as it complies it is not a problem. Zippy did not appear to have a closed door mentality. If you re-read the posts with a more open mind, I don't think you can but agree.

And with regard to "commission" and keeping people happy, we are all completely against it (with a passion) until we get work and start sending that bottle.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

As long as it complies it is not a problem.

Hit the nail on the head...........but we have seen what a consultant thinks a system is :no: also Zippycat might be more in touch with the standards, just before christmas i had to expalin to a consultant the ins and out of DD243 he did not have a clue.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

So would us the installer be able to put more on the job to keep our relationship with the consultants happy, just slide that brown paper bag in my pocket :whistle:

I know this goes on, but my comapny will never buy work in in this manner, one of my friends works for a national and they have corporate boxes for the so called entertaining, golf days and the good old bottles at christmas, and this is a security company who is supposed to be honest / striaght and above board.

theres nothing dishonest/bent/or below board about entertaining customers past,present or future..at the match/golf or anywhere else..

If you look back at my replies you will see that I realised what zippycat was explaining,"he designs the intruder according to what he feels is required to be able to give a BUDGETARY costing to the customer,when a sevice supplier is then asked to carry out the work they would do so in complience to EN regs" If that incured extra costs above the consultants budgetary figure the service provider would explain the reasons and if the customer did not agree he would then be obliged to sign a waiver! If we are being realistic it would not be surprising that a major national company commisioning large security installations would feel agrieved to be "told" to install more than he wanted(it would be his decision if he would not be insured because of it) and untill the day comes where he has no choice he will not allow the tail to wag the dog!!!!!!.

Paul.

Archived