Security Installer Community

Commercial Installations

ZippyCat

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I work as a building services consultant and am currently reviewing the approximate cost per point for an intruder alarm system installed in commercial premises for pre tender purposes. At present I work on approximately

Sorry if I have breached the forum rules, moderators please feel free to delete this post if necessary.

Your post and query are ok to stay, but I will request that any member wanting to answer this post mentioning prices please do so by PersonnalMessage. I will add though that I think you should give thought to SecBoy's post in that the grading of the system determined after a risk assesment, will determine an instalers cost.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Sorry, but since when has the security / cost of a installation been down the the consultant to determine. There are no two systems the same even on next door buildings the system are designed around protection of the insurance companies risk, we have been asked on occassions to quote from plans based on the magic

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

we have clauses in our specifications as well, including conduit, adverse conditions and the like, not to mention the wiring distances and routing spec'd. I find it not a real world application to spec a commercial system based on an arbritrary number, unless you're putting the job out to bid for subcontract.

I find a better system would be installed if the standards were clearly written, as well as an apples to apples comparison, not limited to what grade the alarm was subject to.

Archived