Security Installer Community

Confused

Guest Greebo

There is no need to get abusive.

I didnt shout at anyone...

YOU seem to forget that nobody said that they do not know what to do, we all do but the panel is not a DIY system and therefore we will not tell you what to do, we do not even know if you own the system or the property, you might even be a burglar planning a breakin, but of course your not ;)

I have two problems that I need solving and wanted to see a User Guide for help/advice.

1) I would like to change the user code I have. I would assume I dont need an Engineer Code for this, it would make no sense as I already have the alarm code.

2) I want to temporarily remove the sensors from the old windows and then re attach to the new window. I am wondering will this cause a fault that can only be resolved with an Engineers Code, again I wwas hoping that this might be covered in the User Guide.

you might even be a burglar planning a breakin, but of course your not ;)

Its a pretty nifty plan that I set in motion 8 months ago if I am a burglar... :fear:

ahh so basically you dont actually know the answer to my question and are not willing to give out the User Manual.

I would have assumed you would know if removing the sensors would trigger the alarm and if that can be cancelled with the User Code, but I guess I need to find somone who doesnt have their head firmly up their own

I just happen to disagree with the practice of not supplying user manuals on an install.

This is the user manual in PDF format, and not a particulary good copy but it's all I have on this panel.

Horizon_CP35_user.pdf

The user guide is pretty basic, and only gives a handfull of user instructions and absolutaly no advice. Hope it helps.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

This is the user manual in PDF format, and not a particulary good copy but it's all I have on this panel.

Horizon_CP35_user.pdf

Hope it helps.

Hey thx for the doc.

That seems to be the same copy as I got before ( might have been yourself who supplied it then too!)

The reason I *think* its incomplete is that I can see page number 11-15 on it but there are only about 9 pages in total.

Do you know if this is the whole thing or if the page numbers are because its from a larger book or something?

Thanks again...

I copied that myself from instructions left with my Dad as that panel is what was fitted in his then new house until I ripped it out and fitted a Gardtec 816, the omitted pages were just blank and I didn't bother copying them.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Hey thx for the doc.

That seems to be the same copy as I got before ( might have been yourself who supplied it then too!)

The reason I *think* its incomplete is that I can see page number 11-15 on it but there are only about 9 pages in total.

Do you know if this is the whole thing or if the page numbers are because its from a larger book or something?

Thanks again...

It makes no difference. You cannot reset a master code without defaulting the panel. If you do not have it, do not want to call an engineer, do not have an insallation manual for defaulting instructions and cannot contact the previous owners then...............choose one of the aforementioned.

A tamper will almost definitely be resettable by any code. Take the lid off a device, put it back, and see. You were talking before about being competant. If you don't know the panel and are not an alarm engineer, although you may be very competant at many things, in this particular case you are not competant (I did not say incompetant) because you are not an alarm engineer.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

I copied that myself from instructions left with my Dad as that panel is what was fitted in his then new house until I ripped it out and fitted a Gardtec 816, the omitted pages were just blank and I didn't bother copying them.

ahh ok that explains it so, thx

Archived