Security Installer Community

Installing A Ventcroft Vision Siren Box

Guest Doc Martyn

Guest Doc Martyn

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a Ventcroft Vision Siren Box to my Veritas R8Plus control panel.

It is all wired in and the green led flashes but when i try to set the alarm it tells me that there is a tamper circuit fault & i cannot set the alarm.

When i set the alarm with the tamper circuit disabled it sets ok but the siren does not go off when it should.

When i test the strobe & sounders (from the veritas panel), the line voltages change but the bell box doesn't do anything.

I have checked the wiring & it is as i would expect it to be.

Does anybody have any ideas please?

Thanks ... Martyn

The green LED indicates power at the bellbox, however when fully fitted there should also be a red LED which indicates that the bell tamper circuit is okay - obvious reason for it not being is a failure in the back tamper being depressed against the wall and the front cover, or the screw tamper not being depressed when the cover retaining screw is fitted - check them both.

Of course if you have shorted or cut any of the cores when fitting the cable to the bellbox this will have undesireable effects.

A link exists on the bellbox pcb for SCB/SAB selection, this should be set to SAB to be powered from the panel negative outputs.

From memory the pcb dip switches would be unlikely to prevent the bellbox from working but would merely alter working options.

Guest Doc Martyn

Excellent advice, the tamper switch in the bell box was jammed! Many thanks, the red led also flashes and the siren works well now. Strobe is still not working though, are there any common faults for that or is it just a case of getting up the ladder & checking the connections?

Many thanks ... Martyn

Excellent advice, the tamper switch in the bell box was jammed! Many thanks, the red led also flashes and the siren works well now. Strobe is still not working though, are there any common faults for that or is it just a case of getting up the ladder & checking the connections?

Many thanks ... Martyn

Unlike some bellboxes the Vision requires its own 12v + permanent as well as the 0v- switched supply, so make sure that you have provided a 12v + supply for the strobe and that you wired them around the right way. Switching the strobe on and testing for voltage at the bellbox strobe terminals will tell you if the bellbox pcb is down or if voltage is not being sent down the wire, (caution don't open up the internal protection - strobe tubes can carry voltage that hurts!).

Archived