Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 problems

Guest steve196

Guest steve196

I installed a veritas 8 system sucessfully about a year ago.

Over the past few nights, the alarm seems to turn on the chime function itself (when unset). When trying to set we get double bleeps on key pressing and then the alarm sounds. I know the codes but neither the normal or engineers codes resets the alarm. Only way to turn it off it to kill mains power and dis-connect the battery.

All lights 8zones and tamper are lit.

Any advice gratefully received. Is a service due, faulty keypad/panel or something totally different? I have now left it off with no power so we do not get false alarms.

By the sound of things I would be looking at defaulting the panel then reprogram. Even if you keep it to the programming defaults for a while just to check its happy.

Have you checked the battery, Even if its only 12 months old it may still be duff ?.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Guest steve196
Have you checked the battery, Even if its only 12 months old it may still be duff ?.

Have disconnected the batterya nd running on mains only, then defaulted and re-programmed. Also re-set the service timers, so all seems to be working pretty at the moment. Probably just get a new battery, just in case.

Archived