Security Installer Community

scantronic 9800

Guest edd

We have a scantronic 9800 which when the main fuse to the house was turned off the alarm went off & LB was displayed we had to refresh the chip to get back to E mode but then we lost the keypad it went dead no green power light. do you think it can be fixed or is it better to go for an upgade for the 9800.

Regards Ed

We have a scantronic 9800 which when the main fuse to the house was turned off the alarm went off & LB was displayed we had to refresh the chip to get back to E mode but then we lost the keypad it went dead no green power light. do you think it can be fixed or is it better to go for an upgade for the 9800.

Regards Ed

I would check weather the ac is present at the panel, and that you are not running it on a run down battery. Power down for 20 secs with battery disconected. Apply ac or 12v from a fully charged battery. Then add ac or battery. Put code in see if its not justed crashed on power up!

I would check weather the ac is present at the panel, and that you are not running it on a run down battery. Power down for 20 secs with battery disconected. Apply ac or 12v from a fully charged battery. Then add ac or battery. Put code in see if its not justed crashed on power up!

Thanks dave I will try that on monday I'am also in the capital of culture.

Ed

Hello Edd,

It sounds as though your battery is u/s. Get someone out to check the system and more importantly the charging circuit, as this can become damaged trying to support a poor battery.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Stab in the dark here but doesn't the old 9800 lock up if it's down powered and re-powered up and it has a plug on communicator?

It will power up without the communicator fitted but to have the communicator back in service and on the panel, you'll need the services of an engineer to ensure it is done safely.

ACE.gif

what i did was to turn of power supply to panel opened panel disconnected battery for about 20 seconds re connected battery closed panel turned power supply back on

Archived