Security Installer Community

Wiring help - Pyronix

Guest dvisor

Hi

I have a Pyronix Sterling Compact 4 zone control panel, Pyronix dual-tech PIR, Intellisense bell box, and a magnetic door contact, which I am going to use to protect a garden office (basically a high-spec shed!). The items were all purchased individually on eBay to keep the costs down, but of course, I don't get an idiots guide to wiring it all up. So I'll apologize now for the silly questions I'm about to ask.

I've got most of it sussed, connecting the door contact to zone 1 as Entry/Exit, the PIR to zone 2 as Access, disabling zones 3 and 4. My first question concerns wiring in the two detectors. The PIR will go to AUX+ AUX- T T Z2 Z2. I still need to buy the door contact, but I assume there will only be 4 contacts on this? Will these go to T T Z1 Z1 ? If so, do I just twist the wires for the PIR and door contact for T (in both cases) together, or should I use some sort of junction box?

I also have a few more questions, which are again basic, but I want to be sure I do it right before blowing anything on the board.

2) The speaker inside the control panel is not wired to anything, but has a blue and a brown lead coming from it. I guess these go to SPK+ and SPK- on the PCB, but does it matter which way round?

3) I have a 2.3Ah 12v SLA battery on order, and a spike suppressor. Do I just connect the two battery poles together with the spike suppressor, and then connect the battery to BAT- and BAT+ on the PCB?

4) I have a C+ contact on the PCB, which doesn't seem to do a lot! Could someone tell me what its for?

5) Because the office is just one room, the control panel, door contact and PIR are all going to be around the door, in close proximity to each other. The alarm wiring will pretty much follow the same route as the lighting and ring mains circuit. I can't really avoid that. I understand that this can cause false alarms though. I'm hoping that the spike suppressor will help, but is there any other way of reducing the risk of false alarms (I want to avoid upsetting the neighbours as much as possible).

Many thanks.

but is there any other way of reducing the risk of false alarms (I want to avoid upsetting the neighbours as much as possible).

Many thanks.

Hi dvisor. The info you request is engineering info and cannot be given out on a public forum. If you want to avoid false alarms, get your system designed, installed and commissioned by a professional, or at the very least commissioned by a professional.

If you don't know......ask.

or at the very least commissioned by a professional.

Although as a professional (:unsure:) I wouldn't commision a Pyronix Sterling with all the wiring run with mains cabling, so maybe the other option was better....

Well, using screened cable such as screened 8-core would help, with the screen being connected to mains earth at the panel. But as already stated dont run cables with mains in the first place.

Archived