Security Installer Community

bell box wiring on gardtec 300

Guest bertybasset28

Guest bertybasset28

my nephew recently cut an internal wire in his house and the alarm went off as he did not know how to stop it he went into bell box and pulled some cables out

and as the the circuit board on the module only has numbers from 1 to 7 and does not say which cable ( bell or siren or 12v ) i am now lost as to which cable goes to which numbered terminal i have been to gartec website and am unable to download any bell box wiring so if anybody can help with which cable goes to which number on module i would be most grateful

Guest bertybasset28
It depends on how the installer wired it, i would suggest you contact the person who fitted it.

we dont know who fitted it as he recently moved in to this house if i remember correctly either terminals 1+2 or 6+7 waere tamper circuit and 1+2 or 6+7 were bell and strobe but i think we just need the terminal numbers for the 12v coming from the panel and i think they were on 3+4+5 but witch wire goes where we dont know -- many thanks

Any engineer should be able to sort it out for you, there's a link at the top of the page of installers by area.

As it's of unknown history I would recommend a service as I doubt you know what's been done with it before you owned it, and the engineer should be able to show you how to silence it without ripping wires out of bells!

Archived