Security Installer Community

wiring Tamper Zone

Guest Matthew Shaw

Guest Matthew Shaw

I am making the connections in my Texacom Veritas 8 panel. I just need some clarification on the instructions.

From what I understand the red and black (power) wires from each zone dectector are connected to the relevant zone connection.

The yellow and blue wires from each zone are wired in series to a connection block. (the first and last wire being connected to the tamper zone panel. (zone1 yellow, zone 1 blue:zone 2 yellow etc etc). The white and green wires from the final wired zone are then wired to the Aux power input on the panel.

Is this correct? I assume if I only have six zones the system still works in the same way?

Can anyone explain how it actually works. I assume that the tamper wires create a separate circuit on the connection block and if this is broken the alert is raised?

I hope this makes sense, excuse my lack of experience, just trying to learn as I go along.

At this point in time I have just connected the zone black and red cables to the panel before checking this out. Thanks for any help.

Which ever wires you connect use for 'power' (looks like red & black) need to go into the Aux power on the panel. The Alarm loop wires (white and green) go into the individual zones. The Tamper is correct. The tamper works by creating 1 big loop round all the devices and if any single part of that loop is broken that the tamper condition is triggered. Remeber to leave the zones that you dont use linked out (little staple that comes in them)

Trade Member

Guest matt332

The red and black cables have been connected into the individual zones as per the instructions. Please could you clarify. I have not yet connected the blue and yellow wires which the instructions tell me need to be wired in series in a wiring block. This is then connected to the aux power as described earlier. Still a bit confused!!

I am assuming that the instructions are correct, knowing the reasons behind why certain circuits are required makes it easier to understand.

If anyone could carify this further it would be gratefully appreciated. I have used red and black wires throughout my installation for power supply, with blue and yellow being the tamper circuits/kepad data.

cheers

The red and black cables have been connected into the individual zones as per the instructions. Please could you clarify. I have not yet connected the blue and yellow wires which the instructions tell me need to be wired in series in a wiring block. This is then connected to the aux power as described earlier. Still a bit confused!!

I am assuming that the instructions are correct, knowing the reasons behind why certain circuits are required makes it easier to understand.

If anyone could carify this further it would be gratefully appreciated. I have used red and black wires throughout my installation for power supply, with blue and yellow being the tamper circuits/kepad data.

cheers

The instructions are correct and your interpretation is worryingly wrong.

Red and black (if used for power) should be wired from the Power terminals in each detector to the Aux power terminals on the PCB ... IN PARALLEL

Blue and yellow (if used for alarm) should be wired individually from each sensor alarm terminals to each zone on the PCB.

Green and white (if used for tamper) should be wired from each sensor tamper terminals to the tamper terminal on the PCB....IN SERIES.

If you insist on completeing this installation yourself, please get a professional in to check your work when you have finished, for your own peace of mind.

If you don't know......ask.

Guest matt332
The instructions are correct and your interpretation is worryingly wrong.

Red and black (if used for power) should be wired from the Power terminals in each detector to the Aux power terminals on the PCB ... IN PARALLEL

Blue and yellow (if used for alarm) should be wired individually from each sensor alarm terminals to each zone on the PCB.

Green and white (if used for tamper) should be wired from each sensor tamper terminals to the tamper terminal on the PCB....IN SERIES.

If you insist on completeing this installation yourself, please get a professional in to check your work when you have finished, for your own peace of mind.

The texecom instructions definitely state that red and black from the pirs go directly to the zones on the pcb. The yellow and blue wires from each zone are wired in series to a connection block. (the first and last wire being connected to the tamper zone on the pcb. (zone1 yellow, zone 1 blue:zone 2 yellow etc etc). The white and green wires from the final wired zone are then wired to the Aux power input on the panel.

This is how it is illustrated in the installation manual, correct me if I am wrong.

This is how it is illustrated in the installation manual, correct me if I am wrong.

Apologies, you are quite right.

Just replace the colours that are in the instructions for the colours that you have used, as described above.

I'd still recommend you have it checked when you're done.

If you don't know......ask.

Archived