Security Installer Community

part set or set, - what's the difference!

Guest matt332

Guest matt332

Can you tell me the difference between part set and full set on a Texecom Veritas R8? Is part set only setting specific zones?? It is a basic question but not very clear.

Could someone also tell me if the system has an internal speaker as standard or to hear audible entry/exit tones do you need a separate speaker? If the system does make sound, is this omitted from the panel or the keypad or both?

Thanks

Hi Matt,

As you have already stated, part set is just that, only part of the system is active ie, the landing PIR may be off to allow traverse to the bathroom in the night. This option is pre programmed by the installer, but can be altered after installation. With reference to the loudspeaker it needs to be audible from outside the building so you can hear if the system has set or not, you may have a repeater speaker located somewhere to alert of status.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest Matthew Shaw

The keypad is situated a couple of metres from the front door so I assume that it will make an audible signal I will be able to hear from outside when closing the door.

What I really want to know is, is there a built in speaker in the system?

The keypad is situated a couple of metres from the front door so I assume that it will make an audible signal I will be able to hear from outside when closing the door.

What I really want to know is, is there a built in speaker in the system?

Answer = No

But you could fit an extension Speaker at not much cost.

Which sounder device would make the auduible tone when the front door is open and closed, the keypad or the panel?

Both, but i disconnect the control panel sounder so as not to give away its location.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived