Security Installer Community

Abacus 6R manuals

Guest AndyM

Hi

Can anyone help me out with a user and/or installation manual for an Abacus 6R system. This is a hardwired panel with a remote LCD keypad. I think it was bought from RS and installed in 1997. We have carelessly lost the handbooks. I tried to look around the web for DA Systems Abacus without much luck. LCD currently reports 'Trouble' not investigated the cause yet. Perhaps it just needs a new battery.

regards

Andy

Hi

Can anyone help me out with a user and/or installation manual for an Abacus 6R system. This is a hardwired panel with a remote LCD keypad. I think it was bought from RS and installed in 1997. We have carelessly lost the handbooks. I tried to look around the web for DA Systems Abacus without much luck. LCD currently reports 'Trouble' not investigated the cause yet. Perhaps it just needs a new battery.

regards

Andy

This may be the answer Pete

Pete,

thanks for the quick reply. I suspected the company had gone bust or been taken over. This version has a remote keypad with a illuminated LCD display. There are a couple of concealed keys marked A and B. I feel I ought to come clean and admit to being a Broadcast Transmitter Engineer. The intruder alarm is monitored 24/7 by our own telemetry system.

Came across this super forum couple of weeks ago when I was looking for some pointers on installing a Scantronic 9651 alarm at home. Just had the house rewired and it seemed a good oportunity to put in an alarm system.

thanks for your assistance

Andy

Hi again,

managed to get a CD off Ebay which had a copy of the user manual on it. Had a look at the alarm system myself and nothing much wrong with it. "Trouble mains" in the log but that just indicates it has suffered a mains outage. still looking for an installation handbook.

all the best

AndyM

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi Andy

Did you ever find your installation handbook? My 6R seems to have just died with a blank LCD & no button response a few seconds after powering up. Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Ian.

Ian, did you ever get this resolved? My keypads have just gone dead too.

Ian, did you ever get this resolved? My keypads have just gone dead too.

Hi Eddy

DA systems are no longer they were sold off to Bosch and the production of the Abacus system was ceased in 2005 when BS4737 was withdrawn.

These systems can still be serviced, there are plenty of companies that are familiar with these panels as they were very popular.

You could try contacting the original installer, if they are no longer around try www.nsi.org.uk or www.ssaib.co.uk

Pete

all of em?

Hi Eddy

DA systems are no longer they were sold off to Bosch and the production of the Abacus system was ceased in 2005 when BS4737 was withdrawn.

These systems can still be serviced, there are plenty of companies that are familiar with these panels as they were very popular.

You could try contacting the original installer, if they are no longer around try www.nsi.org.uk or www.ssaib.co.uk

Pete

Thanks for your replies James W. & Peter J. Both keypads had gone down completely. Got an electrician to have a look, and apparently he found a blown fuse. All up and running again. Thanks again.

Archived