Security Installer Community

No one ever calls and says....

andyhodson

....are you SSAIB approved?

Weird that. I still think the SSAIB has got a long way to go. :fear:

Andy, always an explove topic once a NSI company answers an SSAIB post. For what its worth They (SSAIB) need to sort out the web site as you cant find anyone on it, there old one was much better. And 97% of insurance companies still spec NSI only, ask your self why? Nacoss companies only represent 10% of the industry but are responsible for 80% of the maintenance revenue. Policed alarm relect a completly different reflection of NSI V SSAIB.

I hope this helps with your question

Jef

Customers!

Ah, see. I don't agree.

For the last couple of years, for the most part when someone phones up after speaking to their insurers, they ask if we are either NSI or SSAIB.

I also don't think that insurers specify NSI (unless for high risk). That mainly is because they are not allowed to. We all know that they are supposed to say "UKAS accredited inspectorate.......... "

Clients don't deal with the underwriters, just the broker. The broker doesn't know sod all about alarms and just says "NACOSS" out of years of habit.

:)

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Ah, see. I don't agree.

Clients don't deal with the underwriters, just the broker. The broker doesn't know sod all about alarms and just says "NACOSS" out of years of habit.

:)

Zak, useless fact No. 2, Only 88% of brokers recomend NSI. Someone got the message into the broker :yes:

Jef

Customers!

Zak, useless fact No. 2, Only 88% of brokers recomend NSI. Someone got the message into the broker :yes:

Jef

Jeff, where did you get that statistic from? Listen, we all know how and why NACOSS became so prominent; which is why there will be more Policed systems installed by NACOSS companies (due to the past).

I am not so sure that 88% brokers recommend NSI. If so, I would change to NSI tomorrow, as would every other reputable SSAIB company. So...........please let me know.

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Jeff, where did you get that statistic from? Listen, we all know how and why NACOSS became so prominent; which is why there will be more Policed systems installed by NACOSS companies (due to the past).

I am not so sure that 88% brokers recommend NSI. If so, I would change to NSI tomorrow, as would every other reputable SSAIB company. So...........please let me know.

Security Management Today Is the source of my information. Article by Peter Davies- Police Assistant Chief of Lincolnshire Police and Chairman of ACPO Security Systems Working Group- You never know he could be telling porkies after all he is a Police man. As i said always an explosive subject! By the way the 80% maintenance revenue is not about monitored systems. So once you have your NSI Gold can we share some contract work? It would be very useful to have a contact in London.

Jef

PS.

Zak you never said you appreciated my letter.

Customers!

Security Management Today Is the source of my information. Article by Peter Davies- Police Assistant Chief of Lincolnshire Police and Chairman of ACPO Security Systems Working Group- You never know he could be telling porkies after all he is a Police man. As i said always an explosive subject! By the way the 80% maintenance revenue is not about monitored systems. So once you have your NSI Gold can we share some contract work? It would be very useful to have a contact in London.

Jef

PS.

Zak you never said you appreciated my letter.

:fear: Well, when I logged on later in the day I saw the header. Had a panic attack for a miniscule of a second before realising that it must be something that you knocked up (luckily I glanced at the senders address before reading the letter. Especially liked the postcode).

I intended to write in third party a wind up about my poor demise (sudden heart attack) following reading the post because my insurance had lapsed/no efficacy...............but then couldn't be bothered so didn't respond at all!

Obviously something you take seriously to have written the letter though. TBH, it is a very valid point and could easily happen, however, the only likely outcome would have been me getting extremeley angry at the audacity of the guy; I don't think we are at the stage yet in this country where such a case could come to fruition. It would be a very aggravating time though I'm sure.

Re this post - cheers for the offer (you hiding safely behind the knowledge that we won't be NSI though :eekout::) ). Seriously though, SSAIB "Gold" won't do (SSAIB with ISO)?

Archived