Security Installer Community

Seismic sensor

Guest johnyd

I just got a seismic / shock sensor to play with for half nothing. Can someone describe why and where you would use it in a 'normal' house and what difference is there between it and a glass breakage detector?? just out of interest really.

Thanks ;)

I just got a seismic / shock sensor to play with for half nothing. Can someone describe why and where you would use it in a 'normal' house and what difference is there between it and a glass breakage detector?? just out of interest really.

Thanks ;)

The only seismic sensor I've come accross is a Guardall BG8 normally used to protect vaults, concrete/steel strongrooms, armoured safes, ATM's etc. More like a shock sensor than a glassbreak as is triggered by vibrations of the structure where it is mounted whereas a glassbreak detector will be activated by the frequency of breaking glass.

Thanks ;)

you would use it in a 'normal' house where you need to protect a room where for some reason you cannot use space protection (ie due to pets etc).

you would fix them to doors/windows

the difference is one detects vibration by seismic anyliser built into it and the other(break glass sensor) detects by picking up acoustic vibrations/sounds.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

You mean like a viper ??

Similar to a viper but all parameters including sensitivity can be adjusted using dedicated pc software also has temperature sensors, & additional circuit to monitor for short duration, high intensity signals (explosions)' not really a domestic sensor.

• 9 months later...

I have installed loads of these and as most of the guys have already said they are used in banks for strongroom walls, ceilings, safes and ATM's. They are designed to pick up frequencies associated with equipment used to break into such rooms and safes like kango's and thermic lances.

Kev

Archived