Security Installer Community

Reccommend some nice snazy pir's

jizzer

Because Texecom are available in most none trade outlets.

Get my gear fromm A&A security or Gardiner!! and not in trade well security anyway instrumention and control electrician if you ever want a PLC telemetry control package with a 2000 amp ACB main incommer with power factor correction for your own sewage treatment or clean water works ...give me a bell :P

I try to play around with pet dets. Adi is right about the DS 820s . I have fitted all versions of texecom petwise and they all false alarmed. I usually use Rokonet i wise and i have had no problems with them.

Ditto, our cats always triggered the Texecom ones, but the DS 820s are top notch!

Red Fox | Hosting

Affordable and Reliable UK Based Web Hosting

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gti Jazz Blue
If the kitchen is the only are you have the dog then I would be inclined to ditch (or fit, but program as spare) the PIR and use shock\glass break detectors.

Do you need active protection with the dog in there wy not part set and exclude that PIR in part set ? It would put most off from breaking in and if you are out and the dog is with you, you can do a full set.

Just a thought.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Guest graale00

I fitted ADE Captiv8 Quad PIR's in my house with Pet Immunity and it seems to work fine with the two cats and the parrot (bad mix I know!).

Selectable to either 15kg animals or 25 or 28 or summit, I selected highest, not 1 false alarm! Lovely looking things aswell, cheaper than an animal immune dual-tech! bout 15 quid from Alert Electrical.

Archived