Security Installer Community

help req

Guest kr1664uk

Guest kr1664uk

hi all.im new around here but i was hoping i may get some help.i have just moved into a new unit,there was an alram sat on the wall minding its own buissness until i thought,,,"mmm wont that be better if the alarm worked"

so i asked the landlord whats the code was...no idea he says they must have changed it.

it s in day mode so just open it up and reset it,he says

so i did

bloody thing would be still ringing if i hafdnt taken the wire out of the bell from the battery.

the alram is an optim ade compact,i have looked at the usermanual and it is pointing me in the direction of the nvm.now i spoke to a mate and he says.its the chip with 8 legs.you need to do summat with that.

anyway i tried for quite a while so now im here looking for help as the neighbours near me unit are not happy people.

many thanks for looking and if you can help great,if you live near,gimmee a quote.am also afetr a dialer to ring me if it goes of in the future but i only want a mobile not landline unit ...any help...thanks glenn

if i have the right panel in my head u had to remoce two screws from the lid to open it and the top half is hinged ??

Optima Compact G3 ?

JUST A WORD OF WARNING : optima / accenta panels do not have a removeable chip

iam unable to tell you the procedure how to refresh but have you tried the default user code? 0123 :hmm:

apart from the info i have given you i dont think i can help much more :no:

regards

glen B)

Guest kr1664uk

yes mate.i have tried the 9999 and the 0123 ,no joy.im not % sure am entering the codes in the right way.

the clip is on top of the metal plate that is on the number panel.its like holding a chip onto the metal plate.

what im thinking is.because i have set the alarm off,i have to reset it.with the code.

i dont no the old code,so i tried the 0123.no joy.

can you explain to me in what order i have to enter the code.

ie. what do i press before the code and do i have to have the lid replaced.also do i unplug the battery,and use the pwer or vice versa.any help would be great,cos am a tight git an i dont wanna have to buy another.but it seems i may have to.

If the alarm is in day mode and you open a tamper you should just type 0123 (or whatever the user code is) and the alarm will silence and also go into lockout until the tamper fault is cleared (lid put back on!). Once the tamper fault is cleared the system will automatically come out of lockout.

If the default 0123 doesn't work then it will need amending by an engineer. By the sounds of it it now requires a service and a reset\service would probably only cost you the same as you buying your own panel and attempting to fit it yourself by the time you've finished.

Whereabouts are you located? There are many engineers from up and down the country that frequent these forums and there is also a list of companies the other end of the installers link at the top of the page.

Guest kr1664uk

ok seems am having to spend.am in halifax.so ill have a look and give some one in the area a ring.just so i dont get ripped off,could you tell me roughley how much i should be getting quoted ...cheers and all the best .

glenn

Anywhere from £40 to £70 would be reasonable in my book, depends on what they find when they sort it but a basic default and programme shouldnt be any more. Anything else over and above that will be extra though, such as new standby battery etc.

hi there

we are based in bradford nr queensbury and i would be happy to arrange to send an engineer to your site if you still havnt sorted the problem

you can contact me on 01274 544310 if you want regards mark

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

Archived