Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751 Global tamper help

Guest markyd

Trying to install a 9751 :( I've got the panel to work and and when I walk test it all six zones work. I wired it up as I thought a global tamper would go (Chock block all wires in series and then the two outer ones linked back to the panel) and I get a fault accross all zones. When I got fed up I just put all the same colour wires in the two respective tamper connectors on the panel and the fault goes. :blink: however the alarm will not trigger a tamper fault (obviously) as all the zones are now in parallel. What the **** am I doing wrong :cry:

Is my global tamper theory correct (thats how I did it with a guardtec) or is it completly wrong.

:signthankspin: A very fustrated newbie :sign:

If you still have the manual then rewire it as described in the manual as FSL on page 21. If you don't want to wire it FSL then make sure option 21 is set to CC, if you do wire it FSL then make sure option 21 is set to FSL (it shows as 2k2/4k7 on the keypad).

Is my global tamper theory correct (thats how I did it with a guardtec)  or is it completly wrong.

69393[/snapback]

The theory is correct. You have either made a mistake in how you have connected the wires or there is actually a tamper fault, eg. damaged cable, PIR lid not fitted correctly e.t.c.

Remove all the tamper wires from where you have them and as you connect them back in series again, use a multimeter to check the resistance between each pair of tamper wires on each circuit. If you have a very high reading on any, you have a fault on that circuit.

Trade Full Member

Archived