Security Installer Community

help! Old Omnicron 7000

Guest pastyman

Guest emmalaur

The G3 is a reliable panel , not a lot of programming and pretty cheap ,you could do worse as a replacement.

I agree with dave on the gardner panels.

Ps :Sorry for jumping in Dave

Guest pastyman

Thanks everyone. As it happens I found a texacom veritas 8 panel locally. I liked the look of it, so I've bought and installed it. Managed to keep the bell quiet whilst I did it thanks to the tip re the battery!

Everything worked OK, although I did have to change two old PIRs. The panel didn't always seem to notice the very brief pulses they were giving when activated. I've put in two new ones that work much better. They seem to "latch" for ten seconds or so once triggered. Much better.

So thanks for the help. I went panel hunting before the tip re sourcing Gardtec panel in Bristol. I will keep it in mind when I next need another panel. :)

Now we wait to see if everything stays reliable! Of course, the problem might be with the SAB..........!!

• 7 years later...

Hi Can you help me please? Ive lost the manual for my alarm & want to change the code & dont know how. I currently do have a code but just want to change it. Could you give me instructions? Id be very gratefull :-D

• 2 months later...
Guest Kevin keating

Could you please tell me the procedure to change the user code on my a1 omicron 7000 home alarm ?

Many thanks

K.K

Archived