Security Installer Community

3 Questions on the Texecom Premier

Guest heliart

I'm in the precess of finalising my spec.

A few questions to any Texecom Premier experts:-

1. I know you can have various zones be set to chime, but what type of chimes are they. Are we talking about a quiet bing bong, or is there something that could wake you from sleep for example without setting the whole system off?

2. Would it be odd to have a remote keypad on the exit from the home, but then also have an extra one located in the master bedroom near the bed. I'm thinking that would be a great place to arm/disarm, plus you could see any chime zones etc, I'm assuming they are displayed when they go off (early morning postman for example).

3. Having more that 1 remote keypad with external speaker (these don't have built in speakers do they?), well, can you have external speakers on all of the remote keypads, and do they sound roughly in unison?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve, I currently have a Premier International 816. Here are my experiences of your queries.

1. I have a 16 ohm extension speaker attached to my panel (as appose to the standard 8ohm that is supplied built into the panel). Is it load???? ooooohhhhhh yes. Even on the lowest setting, its bloody loud for a house.

2. It's a good idea to have an extra remote keypad upstairs for setting/unsetting. Also, you dont have to go downstairs to see where it went off if the system activates. Wouldn't put it near the bed though, what if you move your bed. Put in on the landing or near bedroom door.

3. With just the standard 8ohm speaker and a keypad on a 10m (ish) run. There was a delay on the keypad. This did my nut in so i simply disabled the chime on the keypad. I currently have it so that the chime sounds through the extension speaker and set/unset tones through keypad only. Pretty happy with that setup.

Happy to help with any other queries.

oh, btw. I belive the Premier International series are slightly differnt to the Premier 24, etc.

Trade Member

Great reply, thanks.

What about the type of chimes. Are they very short? I see there's a choice of tones in the manual, but are they all very short in duration?

cheers.

BTW, did you install it yourself?

Steve

Great reply, thanks.

What about the type of chimes. Are they very short? I see there's a choice of tones in the manual, but are they all very short in duration?

cheers.

BTW, did you install it yourself?

Steve

68906[/snapback]

Mine is 2 tone lasting 2-3 seconds and yes i installed it myself. ;)

Trade Member

1. There are 3 chime settings, basically 1 goes bing bong, 2 goes bing bong bing bong, and 3 goes bing bong bing bong bing bong.

2.Not odd at all and allows your bedtime setting to set instant.

3.You can wire a speaker off each keypad providing they are LCDL (large Text) and yes they all will activate together.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived