Security Installer Community

Location of voice dialler

Guest heliart

Hi,

Where would be the typical place to mount a voice dialler? Would you do this next to the remote keypad, or somewhere central on it's own?

I thinking about the best place to locate it if you want to use the remote listen/talk feature. I'm assuming something like the SD2 or Texecom unit have their own speaker and mic located only in the speech dialler itself.

Thanks,

Steve

I think someone posted on another thread (just a few days ago) that the Texecom SD has an additional mic that can be wired into it - therefore meaning that you can hide away the SD in a cupboard or other location.

If you want to be able to listen in, I would suggest that you put the unit or mic in the most likely place that will afford you the best coverage for your premises, which really only you will know. Or, in the area that is of most concern to you.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest roonster

wouldnt it be best hidden though?

I guess the location should be choosen carefully. Cos if the intruder finds it and actually knows what it is, he could quickly rip it off the wall and the unit will not be able to dial out and tell you.

Best to have it hidden imo.

When we float back down to Earth again and face reality, the burglar could cut the phone line from outside anyway if he was so inclined and prepared for it.

The point here is that heliart would like to take advantage of listening in to the premises.

There are only so many places control equipment get fitted and if the intruder wanted to spend his first minute or two whilst the alarm is blaring away outside looking for the panel then good luck to him.

The system, ideally, should be designed so that the control equipment, including signalling, is not accessible without triggering the alarm.

My suggestion is that if there is too much risk then get a proper system. Apart from that then it won't make too much difference. I did suggest the remote mic. How many burglars do you know who bother attacking something that looks like a remote keypad in order to silence the alarm?

I do recommend however that the SD is wired into the tel socket and not just plugged.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

So really what you want is the voice dialler located in a cupboard next to the main unit, with a remote microphone and speaker.

I'm assuming that most voice diallers are configured once, and then you never really have to touch them again, if so there's little point having it on show next to the remote keypad, is there?

So really what you want is the voice dialler located in a cupboard next to the main unit, with a remote microphone and speaker.

I'm assuming that most voice diallers are configured once, and then you never really have to touch them again, if so there's little point having it on show next to the remote keypad, is there?

67925[/snapback]

Couldn't add another word!

Archived