Security Installer Community

Unique Hold off Texecom Bell box

Guest LED

Did you put one bell in scb mode after you connected the battery and have you linked the white wire from msw2 on the 1st bell to a spare core inserted to msw1 terminal with white wire on 2nd bell?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Ahh, but did you give the tamper switch arms the compulsory bend????

Im giving away the trade secrets now ;)

All of them, or the one that looks problematic. I used to work with a chap who would, without fail on every job, fit the bell with the tamper spring over a mortar line and never bother to check\bend the spring.

Hi everone

I still cant get my bells into enginners hold off mode. Is it because I have linked the ov and bell tamper out in the control pannel. Any way I thought the led status on the bells indicated the functioning state the bells are in, i.e two flashing slowly indicated everything being ok.....power supply and tamper circuit closed. I have this on both boxes.

Can you help!!!

linking 0v and tamper in the panel shouldn't affect the bells, assuming you left the original wires in place too. If you're 100% sure wiring is correct, the bells are correctly fitted and you're using the corrrect method to get them into hold off mode then I can only say the bells are knackered, buy some more.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. Not really a feature that gets used that often, how often do you have your head in a bellbox?

To put the bells into hold off mode, you have to touch the strobe cables to 0v 3 times in 10 seconds.

Thanks Breff

You are right with the 10 seconds as I have simulated the timing on my garage alarm that does go into hold off mode ok and guess what it did 'nt enter hold off mode. I guess I will have to do it manually inside the nerve centre.

Thanks every one

Archived