Security Installer Community

I am leaning towards ESP Infinite!

Guest 1sttimebuyer

Guest 1sttimebuyer

I recently posted on here for a wirefree alarm.

I have read with interest that majority of people only like wired stuff. But I have issues with wires as I have laminate upstairs with painted walls and wires are going to look horrible.

As I need the alarm ASAP, I am thinking of going for ESP Infinite as I don't think the other makes such as guardtec or Honeywell are available for DIY people and ESP is probably as good wirefree alarm I going to get...unless someone knows better.

Anyway, I am desperate now...so I cannot help but install wirefree. I suppose I can always take it with me if I move!! :rolleyes:

But if anyone has recently installed wirefree whether ESP, Gardtec etc, would like to hear from you!!

Thanks

Guest 1sttimebuyer

Thanks Maverick.

Just had another question, I know alot of the wirefree alarms have anti-jamming mechanism, is this actually effective and do difrerent alarms have this imlemented differently?

Thanks

If you read the specs on the esp I'm sure you'll be amazed by them, the anti jaming will basically cause the alarm to trigger if anyone tries swamping that frequency and the panel will automatically detect the radio trouble signal, as for the detection devices they're all on a revolving code as with the keyfobs so even if you managed to pick them up sending that code via radio equipment to try and trick your panel wouldn't work either, the systems have come along way. A few years ago I'd of never even looked at wireless, now it's becoming an option more and more for installers as the equipment continues to improve and as more systems are installed hopefully a reduction in price will follow as they're still reasonabally expensive compared to their wired equlivent.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Guest 1sttimebuyer

I haven't as such had any quotes. There is a local place which does a wired system for £300 with I think 4 PIR's and 2 door contacts. I have painted walls and laminate floors, so hiding cables may prove a challenge.

I live in Birmingham

Thanks

Archived